2013 Shot Show BM Griptillian

I have one on order, looks like it will still be a couple of weeks. I've never liked the factory Grip handles, we'll see if this one does anything for me or not.

just black with red standoffs, it looks relly nice. And very solid in hand.

So yours has no red at all on the G10? In the description it says Black/Red G10 and fancypants' BM Shotshow video actually shows the knife up close and it has some red in it. I guess its only for the proto.

I got one on order also, If I like it when I receive it, I hope I can get another in time.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I just placed my order. I'm normally not a fan of the griptilian, but this one has definitely peeked my interest. Hopefully I am not disappointed.

I was wrong, the lighting isn't real good in my office. it is red/ black g10. very dark, but definately red/black.

BladeHQ has some nice pictures and there are some pictures on benchmade forums aswell. Mine arrived today but I'm not home to get it :(. But I have read that the red is very faint and almost brown.

I don't see the red in my scales, but the standoffs sure are bright! I saw GPK has the weight listed at 3.25 oz which I figured had to be wrong w/ the density of G10-- mine weighs 4.75 oz.

So yours has no red at all on the G10? In the description it says Black/Red G10 and fancypants' BM Shotshow video actually shows the knife up close and it has some red in it. I guess its only for the proto.

I got one on order also, If I like it when I receive it, I hope I can get another in time.

Under really good light, it appears to be black with a little red and a little blue (!). Nice.

Got mine today, have a few things to say briefly, maybe more later.

1. The effects of swapping the Noryl-whatever for G10 cannot possibly be overestimated. The tactile and auditory difference is unbelievable. This one feels and sounds like a quality knife, what a revelation!!! :thumbup: :D

2. This is the first Grip I think I've ever gotten that has, wait for it, a PERFECTLY centered blade. Omigosh, catch me, I'm fainting. Big thumbs up on that one. :thumbup:

3. I was uncertain about how the sculpted texture would look and feel. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not bad, and it will probably grow on me.

4. My standoffs really are pretty bright red, and hey, I LIKE 'em hot! :D :thumbup:

All around, a fantastic knife.

Got mine today, have a few things to say briefly, maybe more later.

1. The effects of swapping the Noryl-whatever for G10 cannot possibly be overestimated. The tactile and auditory difference is unbelievable. This one feels and sounds like a quality knife, what a revelation!!! :thumbup: :D

2. This is the first Grip I think I've ever gotten that has, wait for it, a PERFECTLY centered blade. Omigosh, catch me, I'm fainting. Big thumbs up on that one. :thumbup:

3. I was uncertain about how the sculpted texture would look and feel. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not bad, and it will probably grow on me.

4. My standoffs really are pretty bright red, and hey, I LIKE 'em hot! :D :thumbup:

All around, a fantastic knife.

Would love to see some pictures of it.

I got mine today as well. Can't take pics since i am at work, but I really don't know how I feel about this knife yet. The fit & finish are very good, solid lockup and perfect centering. Not sure how I feel about the bright red standoffs, hopefully they will grow on me. The knife also feels heavier, which is expected I guess since G10 is heavier than the "Noryl-whatever ;) ". It feels like a more substantial knife in this configuration.

If the knives are $225 then that means it's the same, or more expensive than my GPKnives Exclusive CPM-M4 Grip with Cuscadi scales.

Yep, not worth it at that price IMO. It's $160.95 shipped from another popular knife seller, though.

Looks like the Gold Grip if not better, doesn't it? Only difference is the Gold Griptillian sports a carbon fiber scales. But the same blade steel.

I'm a happy camper at a buck sixty...Waiting to see how much my favorite shoppe will have it for, but the buck sixty place is usually the cheapest place for BM shot shows. I better not regret NOT getting two for that price right now. I wanted two, but I got too many knives just sitting right now and too lazy to move them. Gotta stay disciplined.

Be nice if BM can have this style config (G10, flow through) available at all times in the future.

Back