2013 Shot Show BM Griptillian

Here are some pics as requested... Frankly I suck at photography, but I try. The last pic I included to point out the pocket clip. I cannot figure out why on such a nice knife they would put their standard crappy parkerized pocket clip. Look at that thing, it looks like it came off a used knife.

IMG_4533_zps970752e3.jpg

IMG_4538_zps7cfa76c3.jpg

IMG_4539_zps84fe2610.jpg

IMG_4541_zpse4c34a75.jpg

IMG_4545_zpsf280a4bc.jpg

IMG_4549_zps6156857f.jpg

IMG_4550_zps4a233eed.jpg

Duuuude...That looks proper. Production- out the box too.

That's it, I'm calling my gal tomorrow and changing my preorder to two knives before they send it out

Ask Benchmade to send you a black oxide split arrow clip.

I agree, I've done that a few times myself...That looks like a Black Oxide STANDARD clip though, not the standard painted, well I'll see which one I prefer.

Ask Benchmade to send you a black oxide split arrow clip.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to do that. On the 2012 Shot Show Mini Onslaught they has a smoked chrome pocket clip, the shape was wrong for this knife but the color and style would have fit this knife nicely I think.

Time to sell my M-4 Griptilian dealer exclusive... I only bought it because I never had a full size Griptilian and I lacked a M-4 steel knife... But this has M-4 and my favorite color of red... PLUS it is G-10 versus the crappy cheapy plastic feeling of the Griptilian. Mini-Grips can pull it off without feeling hollow and cheapy, but the full size? Not so much in my opinion.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE! Especially because 2013 Shot Show was my first Shot Show I ever have attended.

Why does it have to cost so much? They pretty much only added G10 to the M4 grip but they are charging $100 more. It should be like $130-$150, maybe that's just me.

^^^
It's a limited shot show special meaning there is no real set msrp. Dealers can sell at whatever price they wish mainly because it is given to them per peice as a reward for purchasing an X amount of surplus. They take it as percentage cash back. I'd like em to be $130 too though!

Looks like the Gold Grip if not better, doesn't it? Only difference is the Gold Griptillian sports a carbon fiber scales. But the same blade steel.

But this one is several points harder Rc than the Gold Class Grip. :thumbup:

Why does it have to cost so much? They pretty much only added G10 to the M4 grip but they are charging $100 more. It should be like $130-$150, maybe that's just me.

I paid just over $150 for mine...you could, too...

Here are some pics as requested... Frankly I suck at photography, but I try. The last pic I included to point out the pocket clip. I cannot figure out why on such a nice knife they would put their standard crappy parkerized pocket clip. Look at that thing, it looks like it came off a used knife.

IMG_4533_zps970752e3.jpg

This pic ^^^ is the best one I've seen that shows the blue and red threads in the black G10 matrix. :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to do that. On the 2012 Shot Show Mini Onslaught they has a smoked chrome pocket clip, the shape was wrong for this knife but the color and style would have fit this knife nicely I think.

Thanks for the good pictures!! It will hold me over until mine comes.

To you guys saying about the 225 price....that is too high... but there are/were dealers selling them shipped 160.95. That's a decent price for what you are getting. This will put benchmade back in my rotation, had some and sold them over the years. I have been missing the axis lock..:eek:

Number 19 of 750 reporting in. It feels MUCH better in hand the standard Grip. I'm really glad that I pulled the trigger. $225 is steep, but what can I say..... At least it was free shipping!:)

So yours has no red at all on the G10? In the description it says Black/Red G10 and fancypants' BM Shotshow video actually shows the knife up close and it has some red in it. I guess its only for the proto.

I got one on order also, If I like it when I receive it, I hope I can get another in time.

There is some reddish/brownish hue in the handle. I hadn't noticed it until I read your post and checked. GREAT!

I cannot figure out why on such a nice knife they would put their standard crappy parkerized pocket clip. Look at that thing, it looks like it came off a used knife.

There are some, including me, who consider this clip the "premium" clip. To me the crappy one is the black-painted clip.

The parked clip looks decent after a few minutes with some 0000 steel wool. I prefer the split arrow over the solid one though.

Back