1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2014 BladeForums Knife Gallery

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by gunstockjack, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Glad you guys finally got them, very nice examples :thumbup:

2. mostho

mostho

Mar 5, 2007
    The more I see them the more I want one...

3. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    [​IMG]DSCN3061 by danno502, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSCN3062 by danno502, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSCN3065 by danno502, on Flickr

Hopefully that worked better, larger pics. I plan on carrying the slim waisted one. I am very happy with both of them, the slim one feels better in the hand.
    Dan

4. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Another one...

[​IMG]

5. sextant

sextant Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I made some new pix of mine -I love it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Great stag on that one, Peter... I also need to take some of mine. Well, sunday will come soon :D

7. Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott

Aug 12, 2013
    Awesome knife, Peter! Great photos! You got a special knife there.

Here's mine, but I need to take some better pictures. I'm carrying it this week, so maybe if the weather clears I will get some updated shots.

[​IMG]

8. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr

Apr 10, 2005
    I don't have one by itself, but here it is with my others from the series:

[​IMG]

2007-2014 only since I missed the 2006 one (and don't really care for the pattern anyway).

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice collection there Rick, you got a nice knife this year too :thumbup:

10. Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott

Aug 12, 2013
    Beautiful, Rick! Looks like you'll need a bigger box by this time next year.:thumbup:

11. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Here is a pic of mine ... I havenĀ“t carried it since it arrived, but I almost love it :)

[​IMG]

12. Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Patina coming along...bye bye, PPP etch.

13. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    I still haven't been able to get past the beginning of a patina just because of the PPP etch, it's slowly beginning to fade so as soon as it fades a little more I'll stop polishing the blade and let nature take its course. GECs patina so knice. ;)

14. CUTS LIKE A KRIS

CUTS LIKE A KRIS

Sep 28, 2005
    Guess I forgot to add my pictures. A great combination of texture and teardrop sculpting of the stag made this a great example, once I took down the sharp spots in the stag. I was concerned with the blind buying dimention to the forum knife, but am very pleased with how mine came out!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My only "complaint" is the blunt edge at the tip. The entirety of the edge is nice and thin, except the very last 1/4" or so. I've seen this on many of my new knives, my theory being it saves the look of the bevels, and since sharpening isn't a priority with modern slipjoint makers they are more concerned with aesthetically pleasing new look. That being said, this knife had nicer bevels than most of the new knives I've recieved recently.

Overall I am very happy, even if I still wish the proper two bladed model was chosen ;)

15. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr

Apr 10, 2005
    Thanks. I'm very happy with it. It is nicely symmetric, with good "figure" on both scales. In profile, it actually looks a lot like CLaK's knife above.

True. That is one of the drawers in my el cheapo Harbor Freight tool box. Next year will have to move to another drawer.

16. xceptnl

xceptnl

Jan 30, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. singin50

singin50

Jan 31, 2012
    That's a very nice one, xceptnl! Beautiful pics too!

Perry

18. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    I haven't seen a bad one in the bunch, great looking pics too folks.

19. Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott

Aug 12, 2013
    I agree, Ted! Beautiful knives!

[​IMG]

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looking good Scott. I'm afraid I've barely used mine yet :eek: Have to make up for that in the New Year :thumbup:

[​IMG]