2018 #82 Dixie Stockman and Possum Skinner Run

Got mine today and I am very happy with them. I love a pen style knife and this one is just the right size in my opinion. Fit and finish is very good, pull and walk and talk are very nice, a nice snap opened and closed on both blades , a little gritty on the clip blade though , but, that will work in nicely. This knife is very thin and ergonomically comfortable in hand and has 2 great blades, if you want a slicer, you've got it right here, apples are hiding in fear. The only knock I can give it is this is another satin bolster knife with scuffs right out of tube, small detail. Can't say enough good things about this one, GEC you hit a home run.

Possum.JPG

Dang need to check the tube not sure if I got one of those buttons!
Oh holy cow, I don't know if I can risk it if it's not a sure thing to get the button!

I do love the bone on the Northfield!

As far as actually skinnin' possums, I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to get me to do it.

Oh holy cow, I don't know if I can risk it if it's not a sure thing to get the button!

I do love the bone on the Northfield!

As far as actually skinnin' possums, I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to get me to do it.
Dang no button! :(

Can't win em all!

After seeing Ice Age 5 with my kids, I could not imagine to skin a possum,
they can be so funny...:rolleyes:

Anyway, a cool knife;),
thanks for the great pictures everyone!

RxJzeKx.gif

At this time of year the plum trees outside my lounge room window are in fruit and the nights are oh so hot. The resident possum that sometimes lives in my garage comes out and sits in the fruit trees as soon as it gets dark, and grunts and hisses and screams all night long. Terribly annoying when you are trying to watch a movie, or get to sleep (especially when the bats join in).

Last night I got so mad I went out and yelled at him but he yelled back - defending his stash of plums no doubt. So I grabbed a nerf gun from my son’s stash and loosed of some rounds in his direction. He ran off, but ten minutes later came back and was back it again.

I imagine he would not be acting so tough if I had a possum skinner in my hand to threaten him with. Something more like this:

No more pix of Elderberry Bone??

I'm certainly eager for the Skinner Pen even though Possums are unheard of here, but seem like amusing anti-socials (in controlled doses!):) That matte bolster is going though, I dislike them but like the contrast between matte blade&polished bolster on any knife. The leather loaded strop soon shines em up :cool: Very pleased GEC decided to do this frame again, Hurrah for Dixie!;):D

Got mine today and I am very happy with them. I love a pen style knife and this one is just the right size in my opinion. Fit and finish is very good, pull and walk and talk are very nice, a nice snap opened and closed on both blades , a little gritty on the clip blade though , but, that will work in nicely. This knife is very thin and ergonomically comfortable in hand and has 2 great blades, if you want a slicer, you've got it right here, apples are hiding in fear. The only knock I can give it is this is another satin bolster knife with scuffs right out of tube, small detail. Can't say enough good things about this one, GEC you hit a home run.

View attachment 1048518
I shined up my bolsters with some flitz and a paper towel. Looks much better now.

View attachment 1048518
That Micarta looks great.

Back