2018 GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

Well I just got home from PA last night, and relived the Rendezvous through all the wonderful posts and experiences here in this thread!!
I expect my box of knives in a day or two, so will post some pictures then.
It was a great event, and I want to thank GEC for the wonderful happenings and setting!!
And the picnic!!:thumbsup:

Well Harry (@Old Engineer ), you've done it again. That red jigged bone was burned into my brain and one just popped up on the exchange.
I am assuming that you are talking about the Northfield #33 Red Jigged Bone.
Just happy to be an Enabler Alan . I tried to buy one at Titusville last year , but a guy in front of me bought all 5 . Nancy has claimed mine as of today . I think it is a very fine knife . It is a Tapered Split Back and I like it a lot . I am very happy for you to get one too. You are going to like it my friend .

Harry

I am assuming that you are talking about the Northfield #33 Red Jigged Bone.
Just happy to be an Enabler Alan . I tried to buy one at Titusville last year , but a guy in front of me bought all 5 . Nancy has claimed mine as of today . I think it is a very fine knife . It is a Tapered Split Back and I like it a lot . I am very happy for you to get one too. You are going to like it my friend .

Harry
Thank you. The color sold me.

I found a few more pictures from my time in Titusville. This one was from Friday evening after dinner. I can see William Howard, Jack, Jesse, Charlie, and Randy. 0FA1FF4D-E757-4D7A-8618-665C3C172178.jpeg
35DB8928-AAD1-41B2-BB7D-BD23107FEEC5.jpeg

These next few pictures are from the Drake Oil Well just outside of Titusville. This is where oil was first drilled for and found. I really liked the working replica of the steam engine that powered the oil pump.
625ABD81-A26F-4C84-8825-959009097151.jpeg 437B0759-F2F1-4D09-B012-4FC9340D34F4.jpeg

Here the steam engine engineer is showing us an oil sucker rod (GEC has used this as a handle material in the past) D7D3A2CB-9B64-4424-BA67-55142F4E2DFE.jpeg
583E8FE4-18EE-463C-A1E6-EF52BA9788A6.jpeg

The Colonel Drake Steam Engine Pumper used for fighting fires F1DA1390-AECB-4B5F-BB03-0796BB3EBE83.jpeg
19C9ACFE-2F3F-4FD6-B454-39CA91D103FE.jpeg

One more of the grounds of the Drake Oil Museum.
3A6B6385-D9F8-4E1B-A3FD-3146E3272D45.jpeg

Last edited:
While in Titusville my good friend Ron, whom I meet in 2015 at my first rendezvous, talked me into a trade. We have become good friends with Ron and his wife. They are super nice people, but he wouldn’t stop badgering me until I agreed to trade him one of my NIT 74 Mustangs in 440C. ;) The one he wanted was an Orange Delrin model like the one that I carried a couple of times while in Titusville. We finally agreed on a trade. So Monday morning I sent him a NIT Stainless Mustang and he sent me this ugly ole NIT 735111 Blood Red Jigged Bone. It’s kind of ironic that Ron had purchased this 73 while on a family vacation in November of 2011. He bought it at the big knife store in Sevierville. So you might say this knife went from PA to TN, back to PA and finally back to TN! Where it will most definitely be staying! While this 73 is new in the tube it does have a minor flaw. The blade etch is faint. The pull is probably at least a 10 which is common for this model. All in all another good souvenir of the 2018 Rendezvous. :D

44091086951_58361f5772_b_d.jpg

42282072360_528558f5f7_b_d.jpg

While in Titusville my good friend Ron, whom I meet in 2015 at my first rendezvous, talked me into a trade. We have become good friends with Ron and his wife. They are super nice people, but he wouldn’t stop badgering me until I agreed to trade him one of my NIT 74 Mustangs in 440C. ;) The one he wanted was an Orange Delrin model like the one that I carried a couple of times while in Titusville. We finally agreed on a trade. So Monday morning I sent him a NIT Stainless Mustang and he sent me this ugly ole NIT 735111 Blood Red Jigged Bone. It’s kind of ironic that Ron had purchased this 73 while on a family vacation in November of 2011. He bought it at the big knife store in Sevierville. So you might say this knife went from PA to TN, back to PA and finally back to TN! Where it will most definitely be staying! While this 73 is new in the tube it does have a minor flaw. The blade etch is faint. The pull is probably at least a 10 which is common for this model. All in all another good souvenir of the 2018 Rendezvous. :D

44091086951_58361f5772_b_d.jpg

42282072360_528558f5f7_b_d.jpg

Oof.... that one is so nice it hurts to look at. I’ll always love a #73.

That's a beauty Ron!

I think all trades are fair when both parties come away happy, but for my tastes - you made out well in this one! I'm a bit of a sucker for red jigged bone though.

Y
Say; did anyone get a picture of the tents on the front lawns??
It would be a great thing, to show the flavour of the Rendezvous this year if we had some posted!!

Donna did,I'll post them when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the great Drake Well pics, Travman!! In all the years I have been going to T'Ville, I've never managed to do the tourist thing!!

If anyone gets the KSF newsletter, there is a link in today's newsletter with some good Rendezvous photos. The "action shot" of Bill Howard coming up the stairs is priceless.

Thanks for the great Drake Well pics, Travman!! In all the years I have been going to T'Ville, I've never managed to do the tourist thing!!

same, I think last year I took a walk in town and Bill noticed my absence. He thought I was missing one of the days actually.

Oof.... that one is so nice it hurts to look at. I’ll always love a #73.
Yes a good #73 is definitely among my favorites! Thanks! :)

Nice looking knife, Ron!!
I especially like the "10" pull!!:D
Thanks Charlie! :thumbsup: :)

I'm with you on both of those Charlie! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! It’s a little rough on the fingernails! :eek:

That's a beauty Ron!

I think all trades are fair when both parties come away happy, but for my tastes - you made out well in this one! I'm a bit of a sucker for red jigged bone though.
I agree Ryan! It was what he wanted and we’re both all smiles! :thumbsup: :)

Back