• End Capped

Votes: 105 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
OK, the trim is Northfield (cut swedge, long pull, lined bolster).

This poll is to decide a single end bolster (Bare End) or bolsters on both ends (End Capped).

This poll will close on 3/4.

International Participants: If you live outside the U.S. and fully plan to purchase a knife, but do not already have a re-shipper service set up; send me ( support@collectorknives.net ) an email with a subject of "International BF Delivery" and body including only your name and country. This will help me start gauging a possible solution for this issue.

First vote: End Capped!

Thanks!

best

mqqn

The first two polls were easy for me. From here on out, I can be swayed by persuasive argument. :)

I'm kinda feeling bareheaded...

I think either way will look good, but bare ended would look a little better.

No deal breaker here though.

Well, I didn't realize the End Cap vote would come before the handle material vote. (It's very clearly laid out in the thread explaining all the polls, I just didn't realize it. ;)) My vote would normally be 100% for a bare end, but I'm really hoping for some saw cut bone like this #77 (which I already shared in the previous poll thread), and I think it really looks great with an end cap (which is something you won't often hear me say!).

v2Vbee2.jpg

ciBbtW5.jpg

Well, I didn't realize the End Cap vote would come before the handle material vote. (It's very clearly laid out in the thread explaining all the polls, I just didn't realize it. ;)) My vote would normally be 100% for a bare end, but I'm really hoping for some saw cut bone like this #77 (which I already shared in the previous poll thread), and I think it really looks great with an end cap (which is something you won't often hear me say!).

v2Vbee2.jpg

ciBbtW5.jpg
I agree. At present, I'm losing in all three polls! Ah well, c'est la vie! Should be a great knife.

v2Vbee2.jpg

ciBbtW5.jpg
I'm feelin' ya with the sawcut bone and end caps...I think that would look pretty nice. I will be putting some examples together soon in Photoshop for us to better visualize these possibilities.

v2Vbee2.jpg

ciBbtW5.jpg
That does look nice, but I'll counter it with some pictures of lovely bare head jacks.
A9N9CnS.jpg

R8NGMZf.jpg

That does look nice, but I'll counter it with some pictures of lovely bare head jacks.
A9N9CnS.jpg

R8NGMZf.jpg

Your photographs are a perfect example of why I chose Bare End. Something about that classy black and silver look just really resonates with me. In my opinion it just gives the knives a timeless appearance. I cannot wait to see what this sabre ground sheepsfoot will look like... I can't stop thinking of a Northwoods Fremont Jack.

Also nice black synthetic Boker. I have two just like it but they're one arm blades.

Also nice black synthetic Boker. I have two just like it but they're one arm blades.
Thanks. My sheepfoot Boker was re-covered for me in ebony, but I also have one of the black synthetic clip points. I think they also made a spear point version.
One more picture:
Sez19q2.jpg

Bare butt
I've usually seen these referred to as "bare headed", probably because writing "look at these pictures of bare ends." can be misinterpreted. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back