• End Capped

Votes: 105 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MXY4KJ7.jpg
Rm9ZzWa.jpg

Most likely a century under its belt, only chip/crack is right beside the bolster. Go figure, happened so long ago the edges of the chip are worn smooth. A bare head can stand the test of time, besides if we get a great cover material there will be more of it to enjoy!:D:thumbsup:

Of the three current polls, this is the one I'm most up in the air about. I think the knife will look and function great either way.

The only small issue I could have with the end cap, is that it could make one or two of the shields look awkward. Especially the banner.

At least that's how I picture it....certainly could be wrong.

That does look nice, but I'll counter it with some pictures of lovely bare head jacks.
A9N9CnS.jpg

R8NGMZf.jpg
I had already voted barehead ( I always vote before reading the comments), but I strongly suspect this post is singlehandedly responsible for barehead's lead.
I've usually seen these referred to as "bare headed", probably because writing "look at these pictures of bare ends." can be misinterpreted. :p

Clearly you aren't a web developer. That's called clickbait, and it generates traffic.:cool:

MXY4KJ7.jpg
Rm9ZzWa.jpg

Most likely a century under its belt, only chip/crack is right beside the bolster. Go figure, happened so long ago the edges of the chip are worn smooth. A bare head can stand the test of time, besides if we get a great cover material there will be more of it to enjoy!:D:thumbsup:

Good Lord Almighty, David. Where have you been hiding that? Who made it? :thumbsup:

Unless the cover material is stag, bare ends don’t make sense. Especially considering that many people are considering this a heavy work knife. A bare head has more chance of fracture if dropped.

Unless the cover material is stag, bare ends don’t make sense. Especially considering that many people are considering this a heavy work knife. A bare head has more chance of fracture if dropped.
Bone can also fracture if dropped on a hard surface, so the end cap can be useful for bone knives too.

I try not to drop my knives. But when I do, I have found no consistency in the the non-pivot end landing first. I have seen way more knives with a crack in the middle of the slab after a tumble. Basing this decision on how a dropped knife will fair is much like picking a girlfriend by the way you feel she will handle the breakup.

I try not to drop my knives. But when I do, I have found no consistency in the the non-pivot end landing first. I have seen way more knives with a crack in the middle of the slab after a tumble. Basing this decision on how a dropped knife will fair is much like picking a girlfriend by the way you feel she will handle the breakup.
Good point. But I prefer the way a capped end looks. Some of my favourite knives are bareheads, though. I'll be happy either way. :)

Wasn’t there a comment in a recent thread about how there is no such thing as logic when it comes to what should be the right pocket knife?

I like end caps, so whether true or not, when you drop a bare head knife, it always lands on the butt and cracks!

Stop trying to de-rail my logic! o_O:D

I've changed my mind with every picture and drawing. I finally went with end cap because I think of this as a working knife and the small amount of extra protection provided by the end cap might be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back