Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wann make an observation here. This is the fastest a forum knife has ever been put together. There are quite a few folks who don’t usually look for the commitment thread till the end of spring.

How many post do we see where a member says, “..I just saw this for the first time, are there any left? How do I get one?”

We usually read these in July, August, even September. Can you imagine how many we’ll see by then this year?

If anyone knows of a member who usually gets an annual knife but doesn’t haunt the traditional forum or better yet, the friend/member who always misses the forum knife, you might consider sendin’ them a private message or if they can’t get one because of membership level they have, leave them a message on their profile page.

Hard to believe, the very first Traditional Forum Knife only had a little over 30 made. How many were made last year, close to 500, (if anyone knows the approximate amount please let me know.)

Thanks for all the hard work Mike. :)
I think too, the fact that the ‘18 forum knife came out late last yr, people wanted to get on it early this yr. I forgot who got the first comment rolling this yr, but that seemed to get it started early this yr. As well, the focus of the mods and Mike has the process running quickly and efficiently.

Last edited:
I'm just going to keep asking if we can have a Badge/Button/Pin until someone tells me we can or someone tells me we can't. :)

I think a Poll to decide would be a good bit of fun.

Your button idea might add to the price of the knife. The goal was to keep it close to $100.00. Apparently they've done it.

Your button idea might add to the price of the knife. The goal was to keep it close to $100.00. Apparently they've done it.
It sure might.

We don't know the price of the knife yet, so you're not really in a position to know one way or another if adding a button would be cost prohibitive or not.

I, and others, would be willing to pay an extra couple of bucks to have a cool pin.

It sure might.

We don't know the price of the knife yet, so you're not really in a position to know one way or another if adding a button would be cost prohibitive or not.

I, and others, would be willing to pay an extra couple of bucks to have a cool pin.

I said apparently.

I put an order in for two knives not two knives and two buttons.

Who knows - maybe Howard would throw them in gratis.

Considering that some brief price checking for buttons has demonstrated that it can cost up to 15 cents (with a custom image and all, ordered in bulk), I highly doubt it is any sort of measurable factor in the cost of a GEC knife.

I said apparently.

I put an order in for two knives not two knives and two buttons.

Who knows - maybe Howard would throw them in gratis.
I hope we have a Poll to decide if we get buttons!

It would be a cool addition for the last of the "Dot" knives.

Ed, I'm sure Mike would be happy to remove the Buttons from your tubes and reduce the price of the knives accordingly. :D

Considering that some brief price checking for buttons has demonstrated that it can cost up to 15 cents (with a custom image and all, ordered in bulk), I highly doubt it is any sort of measurable factor in the cost of a GEC knife.
I spent some time peddling “advertising novelties” in the past and if I remember how pricing on buttons went, “bulk” implied a quantity far beyond the few hundred our little deal here might be good for. Is that 15 cent price threshold applicable down at the ~500 quantity level?

Is there a deadline for adding a 2nd knife? Or is that a decision that we already made if we posted in the "I'm in" thread?

I spent some time peddling “advertising novelties” in the past and if I remember how pricing on buttons went, “bulk” implied a quantity far beyond the few hundred our little deal here might be good for. Is that 15 cent price threshold applicable down at the ~500 quantity level?

It varies. For a 500 count, sites have pricing between 15-25 cents.

Again, being a promotional item, I shouldn't think it would be a significant cost factor. Even if the manufacturer wanted to put that cost on the buyers.

I think too, the fact that the ‘18 forum knife came out late last yr, people wanted to get on it early this yr. I forgot who go the the first comment rolling this yr, but that seemed to get it started early this yr. As well, the focus of the mods and Mike has the process running quickly and efficiently.
I recall that it may have been JTB_5 JTB_5 who started the ball rolling, but I could be mistaken.

I can guarantee you that Chris won't do them for that price; so you might need to just send the factory the 500 pins you want dropped in the tubes.

I recall that it may have been JTB_5 JTB_5 who started the ball rolling, but I could be mistaken.

I didn't really start the conversation, but after watching a lot of folks discussing and dreaming, I was the first one to start the "unofficial" poll that got the moderators working behind the scenes with purpose. I'm pretty sure I annoyed them, but I hope in the end they'll be glad it happened earlier in the year than later. But who knows. I just hope we don't run this thing into the ground!

I didn't really start the conversation, but after watching a lot of folks discussing and dreaming, I was the first one to start the "unofficial" poll that got the moderators working behind the scenes with purpose. I'm pretty sure I annoyed them, but I hope in the end they'll be glad it happened earlier in the year than later. But who knows. I just hope we don't run this thing into the ground!
I think we ordered last year's knife in July, and didn't receive the knife until December--and some folks in January. I am glad this process started earlier in the year this time.

I think we ordered last year's knife in July, and didn't receive the knife until December--and some folks in January. I am glad this process started earlier in the year this time.
I hope it works out better. I haven't been around long enough to know. As I recall, it was actually Mike's suggestion that a poll be started, to get an idea of what maker folks would want, which would then give an idea of what dealer would be able to help out. I was just the one dumb enough to make it without asking! :D

I can guarantee you that Chris won't do them for that price; so you might need to just send the factory the 500 pins you want dropped in the tubes.

If this is a serious proposal, I'm a local guy, and there is a print shop in town that does buttons. (It may be who GEC uses for all their buttons anyways, but I don't know). Shall I inquire about pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back