2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

Yup. I thought I was going to get back in my better half's good graces after the 93 run, but this looks bangin! I was thinking Osage or Coffee House originally but may need more than one now.

Really looking forward to this one, I like the flat awe rather than the fluted. I’ve used the awe for picking fruit out of community bowls to breaking down boxes (cutting the tape).View attachment 1164798
I prefer the flat awl that was found on the gec #15 harness jack, but I think you find the 29 will have a fluted punch. At least that is what I've seen in some pics....

I went back to the gec production pics. I can't really tell of its fluted or taperd to the edge. Can't wait to find out.

image.jpg
I went back to the gec production pics. I can't really tell of its fluted or taperd to the edge. Can't wait to find out.
Thanks for the heads up... I went to the eye doctor for the first time on Wednesday. He told me I was 45 and that’s what happens. Either way I’m ready for it (the awl not my damn eyesight)

Last edited:
Autumn Gold? Sure, if you say so. :D
IMG_8991.jpg

When reservations opened up, my hand hovered between jigged bone and Osage for a nerve wracking moment. Tough choice.

Unfortunately, that jigging does nothing for me. While GEC continues to raise the bar in many areas, bone jigging is certainly not one of them. On occasion they have a nice offering, such as the #15 Rope knives which were their best effort IMO. Symetrical jigging is a wasted opportunity IMO.

Looks like it will offer some solid grip on a working knife. I’m not sure I’d want all my knives to look the same anyway, even if I could pick my preferences.

Do you have a pick of the rope knife jigging B blademan 13 ? You’d rank it above the Waynorth lambfoot?

Not sure if it has been mentioned...but there will be ~400 made of each material this run :thumbsup:

I don't mind the uniform jigging in this case because I intend to use this one. For Northfields and more collectible variations, I agree the random jigging is much more appealing.

Doh! I skipped the #93s and now the #29 preorders are done! The 29 looks like a fantastic knife!

Does anyone know if there are any still available to preorder through the distributors? I’d love a PM if you know about a distributor who isn’t fully subscribed. Thank you!

Back