2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Aug 20, 2019.

1. knife_fan

knife_fan

May 1, 2012
    I've had better luck with gabon ebony being darker on a more consistant basis than african blackwood, on the the knives I've received over the years.

Originally I was going to pass on the 2 blade 86s, but ended up caving on the oil sucker rod version this morning. The coloring is just to cool to pass on, and who knows when GEC will use it again in the future.

2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    My oil sucker will be here today! Hoping I can like that wrench shield. It's just okay in my opinion. But it has my favorite blade combo with a big clip and a straight edge secondary.

3. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Well mine wasn’t suppose to arrive until Tuesday but looks like DLT must of threw a wrench at the post office :D and it’s arriving today instead :thumbsup:

4. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I, too, like a big clip with a smaller straight edge. I prefer a wharncliff but this works.

Mine didn’t make the truck to local PO, it appears, so it’ll prolly be Monday.

5. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Tuesday, Monday is veterans day. :(

Onearmbladenut and tmd_87 like this.
  6. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Betcha it won’t be ‘til Tuesday, like mine, what with Veteran’s Day on Monday.

Thanks to all who served!

Leslie Tomville and tmd_87 like this.
  7. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Well, mine is in order and I presume it will get here next week. Maybe on my birthday. I think there is a beautiful synchrony with the workman like Jack — big clip and straight edge secondary — oil sucker rod wood and the wrench shield that just resonates as a perfect folding knife.

8. mightyzaa

mightyzaa Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2014
    ok, got my oil sucker rod. one heavy duty, good size, hefty pocketknife that begs to be put to some extreme work. didn't realize it was this solid and robust. a homerun for me and I wasn't even gonna but this particular one. this knife kicked out my stag 92 and is in my front left pocket. I love it. can't wait to see how others feel. I can feel more money draining from my pocket. oily creek bone will be next. on pre-order. dang GEC.

9. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Looks like will both have a wrench in our Birthday month :D

10. mightyzaa

Nov 1, 2014
    sniff test. think I can smell the factory oil and the oil residue from the wood. still impressed. not sure what to compare it to.

tmd_87 likes this.
  11. mightyzaa

Nov 1, 2014
    a #78 on steroids. that might be it.

tmd_87 likes this.
  12. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Oh I guess it will be Tuesday huh.

tmd_87 likes this.
  13. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Got mine and love it, I think it qualifies as a Jumbo Jack as defined by Levine. The last shots compare it to a 77 Jack and an original Empire Jumbo Jack, gives you an idea of the width, this is a very nice large strong Jack.

IMG_1007.jpg IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1012.jpg IMG_1009.jpg IMG_1013.jpg IMG_1016.jpg

14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Wurrwulf, mrknife, t.willy and 2 others like this.
  15. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Beautiful, congrats!
    I'll be looking for one when the bone comes out. The shield is a total winner :thumbsup:

Jarhead Greasemonkey and Augie like this.
  16. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    DLT Mail call !
    Very impressed what a beautiful knife and Gec did another great job. Lots of character on these covers and amazingly the main blade is flush at the half stop and the secondary is sooo close to being flush. This thing is Beefy I knew once I felt the box when I pulled it out of the mail box lol. Very solid and feels great in hand a long with the wrench being nestled in and placed in perfectly.
    Big Thanks to DLT for sending me this great example and of course Gec for making it possible :)
    Oh and check out that tube and pin !
    Is that cool or what :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Got mine! Feels like I have been waiting a while for this pattern to be out! Big beefy user. Gonna have to warm up to the wrench shield. I guess if I can like the hotdog shield I can like a wrench shield!
    MVIMG_20191109_152911.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  18. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    234E1D86-1E27-44F5-A488-5DF02D1755E8.jpeg Got mine today and it’s one hefty knife. I love the shield and have had a soft spot in my heart for the oil sucker rod wood since the Ben Hogan I got a while back. For me, it’s a keeper!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  19. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Dang these look awesome. Can’t wait for mine to be here on Tuesday!

TheFactor likes this.
  20. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I was second guessing myself with the wrench but I will like it, thanks for the pictures. Can't wait for it to get here. The size of this knife and these blades work for me :thumbsup:

tmd_87 and TheFactor like this.