2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Ugh...Getting a little tired of the complaining on these 86 and CC Black Jack threads...heavy, recurve, 2nd blade on mark/pile side, tastes like oil

Last edited:
I see most of these types of comments as people noting features that they don’t care for (complaints, yes) or questioning things they don’t understand. Makes for interesting and often informative discussions.

I’m looking at different dealers and there are varying weights for the micarta version. Has anyone got an actual weight. Thanks

He probably thinks he did....

861219-t-N.jpg
A picture says a thousand words. But perhaps a new suffix for a designed recurve could be added to numbering scheme.

gec-knife-abreviations22.png

A picture says a thousand words. But perhaps a new suffix for a designed recurve could be added to numbering scheme.

gec-knife-abreviations22.png

Not that it matters much, I didn't notice from the picture. Looking at it after the fact I can see it, but didn't inspect the images of the blade prior to ordering one. A new blade shape number or a specific heads up about the blade shape would of been great.

I detect another internet “issue” brewing here. OMG, the 86s have a recurved blade. Yes, in fact their main blade does have a slight recurve. Some people didn’t notice meaning it is so slight, and or those who got one and now complain didn’t do sufficient research ahead of time.
GEC’s web site hosted drawings for months with that slight recurve clearly shown. Manufacturing photos also show the main blade in detail. Every online dealer put up clear photos.
I suppose any new release will have its critics. Fine, but don’t complain that you didn’t have plenty of opportunity to check the knife out thoroughly and now you are surprised about that recurve.

I’m looking at different dealers and there are varying weights for the micarta version. Has anyone got an actual weight. Thanks
Ask, and you shall receive.... mine arrived while I was off hunting Bambi's dad.... 3.98 oz, or 113 grams. This is a bigger knife than I had pictured in my mind. It feels.... substantial. Recurve and all. Of course, this is not a scientific scale, but it should be close enough.

ivOG5k.jpg

I see most of these types of comments as people noting features that they don’t care for (complaints, yes) or questioning things they don’t understand. Makes for interesting and often informative discussions.

I agree. I'm looking forward to getting mine. Should be a good cutter. I think a couple people here were just surprised with the recurve.

Back