2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Bloodwood is so freakin underrated! I never appreciated it until I had one of the 29s. It luminesces in sunlight beautifully.

Like this on the left side-

20191005_151723.jpg
20191120_012954.jpg
Thats all sunlight and angle. If it weren't for the polished metal messing up the camera focus it would be better, like it is in person.
Big fan now!

Last edited:
Our blade...

bf-blades.jpg
Despite my love for Northwoods, I really wasn't keen on having to get a saber grind sheepsfoot, but I have to say that blade looks amazing and I was very wrong.

Btw, just wanted to say this is a chunk of a knife but its perfect imo. Really is. Its not a bigger knife with little blades like some, even the secondary is proportionate, and both blades are totally practical. I love this one.

Last edited:
It was with me all day in the shop. But never came out. Recurve, thin edge and all, it’s just not gonna be effective at cutting 1/2”x1/2” steel tubing. Lol. But now I’m outside grilling burgers for my mom and it’s still in my pocket.
2B21CDD9-7A92-4822-A4B9-EA89E1794604.jpeg

I told myself, “No more knife purchases this year”, but the bloodwood gave me no choice. Awesome clip/coping combo. Gorgeous blood wood. Excellent frame size. My favorite shield of all time. There was no choice.

But still. This marks just 5 GEC’s purchased this year. That’s down about 15 from most years, so I’m doing okay.

I told myself...

I told myself also. But when I saw this frame size come out, I knew I wanted one. Liked the forum knife and the antique amber bone. Figured I’d long lost the boat on the Bloodwoods. But I got one.

Not bad for just signing up for his email notification list this afternoon lol.

I told myself, “No more knife purchases this year”, but the bloodwood gave me no choice. Awesome clip/coping combo. Gorgeous blood wood. Excellent frame size. My favorite shield of all time. There was no choice.

But still. This marks just 5 GEC’s purchased this year. That’s down about 15 from most years, so I’m doing okay.

Nice to see you, Buzz! I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one when you get it in hand.

No blood wood for me. I'm in on Charlie's #86. Man those bloodwoods are great can't wait to see em!!

I knew immediately when I heard about Barry's SFO that I wanted one, Charlie's revelation came later and I am really hoping that the cards land in my favor. I'd be content with those two and the forum knife from this run. It would make for quite a trio.

Back