1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Augie, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    There were a lot of “S” knives. I personally have a ton of “S” knives and would never hesitate to buy one for an EDC. Especially if I can cherry pick like at the Rendezvous. I know they had some troubles with that run of 25’s in general with the Unicorns! The cats out of the bag on the #65’s. Maybe that’ll help keep the museum open for a while longer. :D

Thanks Jack! Yes they were at the museum. Since I got two I don’t feel bad about sharing with you guys. I will probably change my opinion on that if they start showing up on the auction site for a huge profit. :(

2. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Nice!!! You know, every year that I did attend the rendezvous, I always been too worried about driving around in an unknown location that I never really journey past the factory and cross creek, maybe next year Ill actually go check out that museum!

neal70 likes this.
  3. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    This was the first time we’ve been there. It’s really a very nice place. There were a lot of people there when we went on Saturday evening around 3:30. They actually have a train ride but I don’t know anything about it. :)

mrknife and neal70 like this.
  4. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    @Half/Stop : no fears here. The gentleman I informed wants a carry piece.:thumbsup:
    Thanks, Neal
    PS-Jack and Caleb Both “know” him as well

GunGraber likes this.
  5. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    :thumbsup::cool:

neal70 likes this.
  6. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Every year, I enjoy getting to live vicariously through those of you who attend the Rendezvous. I'm going to make it there one of these years! :D

Looks like you scored some nice knives, Ron! Those Ben Hogans are great! (Back when I first discovered GEC, around 2015, there were a couple dealers who had the Northfield in Antique Autumn Jigged Bone just sitting on the shelves. I almost pulled the trigger several times, but I never did, and then they were gone.)

neal70 likes this.
  7. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    You sure got some very nice ones Caleb !!!!! That Stag looks pretty thick . Would you please show some more pictures of it , if you have not already ??

Harry

8. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    I saw them when I was at my last Rendezvous in 2017, but didn’t purchase any. I went back this year and bought two and told Gary Kifer. He told someone and they told someone, and there you go. I actually had one on the table with me and Charlie for sale.

Missed Sarah, John and Donna, and you Jack.And remembering Bob Andrews ( Old Hundred). RIP

Good to see everyone again and meet new friends.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Barrett! I would have been perfectly content with the two #38’s and the Smooth White Lambsfoot. All the rest were just icing on the cake. :thumbsup: :)

Lyle, it was great to see you and Jan! We did miss a lot of friends this year but we meet some new ones too! Hey you know us knife nuts Lyle. It’s good news travels fast! ;)

neal70 and mrknife like this.
  10. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    hey! Lyle and Jan made it! hope yall had a good time and are in good health! Im still waiting on the pictures of the rendezvous. The facebook crowd and this crowd differ a little, so folks mostly took pictures of knives.

neal70 and Half/Stop like this.
  11. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    All the sucker rods I've seen have been steel. Are these wood ones old? Or does the oil industry use wood ones for some specific application?

neal70 likes this.
  12. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    They're old.

neal70, mbkr and Half/Stop like this.
  13. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    Edit

neal70 likes this.
  14. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    They are from the first oil wells ever. At one time you could find them easily throughout the area.

neal70 and mbkr like this.
  15. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    Sorry Jack, I didn’t take but a couple pictures. This one of Charlie, his wife Joanne, and Bill Howard is the only one that will post.

Attached Files:

16. mrknife

May 9, 2010
    thanks Lyle! good to see them together in one shot! last year William stayed around and watched karoke

neal70 likes this.
  17. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Finally getting a moment to breathe after this weekend. The boys and I put over 750 miles on the RV. After the Rendezvous, we headed for our annual family reunion and got home late Sunday. Every year I do a knife raffle at the reunion. This year I gave away a #12 in perfectly matched dark aqua blue camel bone and a green linen bull nose.

Anyhow, as promised, here are our souvenirs from the 'vous:
    Left to Right
    Buttons my oldest received from @waynorth.
    Copper proof coins that both my boys received from @Half/Stop.
    My Special Knife, 1 of 1 #14.
    My oldest Special Knife, 1 of 38 #74.
    My youngest Special Knife, 1 of 14?, #12.
    Our Rendezvous Knife, #40 (had #22 And CC wanted that one, so no problem, switcheroo)
    My oldest gift from @waynorth, Swanner/Queen, lockback sowbelly in pearl :)
    My youngest gift from @waynorth, QCC, med. Trapper, Winterbottom.
    Buttons given to my youngest by waynorth.
    20190813_145444.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  18. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Awesome!

neal70 likes this.
  19. wlfryjr

wlfryjr

Oct 20, 2011
    William wasn’t around the entire Rendezvous, bad back. :(

It was good to meet Josh and the boys and see Ryan and the Rendezvous regulars.

Caleb, I’m envious of that white whaler.

20. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    @hose56 gave me the tip about the sucker rod Hogans. I stopped by and they had a handful left. I picked my favorite and happily continued the tour!

GunGraber, Fox79, neal70 and 2 others like this.