2019 Traditional Forum Knife...The First Poll

Which pattern will be the basis for the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife (see post for details)

• GEC 86

Votes: 212 52.3%
  • Fox knives 521

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Buck 192 (Vanguard) fixed blade

Votes: 160 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have to be a different sheepsfoot than the one on the 2 blade, otherwise the nail nick would be on the wrong side also.

WOW!! I am shocked.. The "SoS Me Too" is in the lead..:rolleyes:
John

This is a tough choice between the Buck and the GEC. And my wife likes the Fox of the 3.

I think the 86 would get more pocket time and use, but I would also like having a good fixed blade Buck knife. I don't own any fixed blades and I like the look of the 192.

Went with the Vanguard. We haven't had a fixed blade yet. I'm hoping Buck will offer a variety of blade steel, handle material and other options for us. It's a very useful blade shape and size, and I kinda like the sheath. The GEC 86 is kinda a lackluster pattern in my opinion. The Fox just looks like a non-locking Buck folder - what's the fun in that.

Thank you Frank and your madcap crew of gluttons for punishment for keeping the forum knife alive another year!

I’m excited about the GEC 86 with Sheepfoot Blade. I have loved Case’s 11031 SH for years and hopefully this GEC 86 will be similar. Case’s 11031 is such a wonderfully simple design. The only real bit of fancy is the long pull on the sheepfoot blade.
7MoyEZf.jpg

Hopefully our BF version will be the first 86 and get the PPP etch. I’ll vote for a Jigged bone or a beautiful wood with the Orleans shield. Or maybe smooth ivory bone... or maybe...
I admit I wasn't too excited by the choices, since we so recently had a GEC single sheepfoot ( and my foot knife needs are met with a collection of Sheffield Lambsfoots ;) ) but I do like the looks of that Case. If it's a barehead in dark wood or smooth white bone, I'd be pleased. :)

WOW!! I am shocked.. The "SoS Me Too" is in the lead..:rolleyes:
John
:confused: I'm afraid I'm not up to date on interweb slang, so I'm not sure what this means.

Thanks for providing the poll, and the efforts of all those involved.
I'm still debating the choices. The 86 is out. Sheepfoot is my least favorite blade style, so it's between the Fox and Buck. Surprised and pleased to see the Fox as an option :thumbsup:

The Buck has me swayed a little.
A.G. Russell has a Vanguard SFO with horn and cocobolo that I've wanted for a while, but it's pricey, $275. I'm sure our 192 would be at least half that price. Pic from A.G. Russell...
full

I'm bummed that the Buck Vanguard got the nod over the 113. I hate guards on my fixed blades so Buck is out of the running for me. I was originally pulling for Sheffield, so the GEC suddenly gains a lot of appeal, it's small but not too small, and I much prefer the single sheepsfoot configuration over the standard two-blade configuration, which I have no plans to buy. I like the lines of the Fox a lot, that was my first gut reaction, so I'll vote for it now to be contrary. I'd be fine with the GEC if it doesn't get so tarted up that I'd be embarrassed to carry it. :)

It's great to have good options, and some amazing folks spearheading this for us. I'm thankful for the moderators and vendors (and anyone else involved) for doing the hard work to make this possible, and for keeping us in line.

I have a favorite, and a least favorite...but I can't imagine any of the three would be a bad knife.

I’m not it in a position to answer this question with any actual authority, but I’d say I’m 99.9% sure the single sheepsfoot will be a full-size blade.

Stop hedging - making it 100%.... Of course the single sheepfoot is going to be a full frame version. It would be quite the freak with only a secondary in the well....

The 86 does nothing for me. Kind of a boring pattern to my eye, and having a single blade sheepsfoot blade was already done only 2 years ago. If it is the chosen maker, it would have to have pretty appealing covers for me to want to buy it.

My vote goes for the Buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back