2019 Traditional Forum Knife...The First Poll

Which pattern will be the basis for the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife (see post for details)

• GEC 86

Votes: 212 52.3%
  • Fox knives 521

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Buck 192 (Vanguard) fixed blade

Votes: 160 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love the look of the acrylic covers but, I hate the way they feel. If I am remembering correctly if they are the looking glass kind, dont they get hazy from pocket wear and lose depth?

I love bone but have gone away from it as well. I have had to many crack on pins or from dropping. I am getting to the point of all wood, atleast in a work knife. Just my opinion

Voted for the GEC 86. Glad to see it's a single blade option for the pattern.

Last edited:
Im excited to see what the options will be on the polls. I think a nice wood will be great on this pattern, and maybe we could get something with nice figuring!

Even bone or a smooth horn woukd also be nice, but I'm a lil to rough on my knives to not risk cracking by the pins.

i read that stabilized buffalo chip has great grain

Depends on the diet.

If it does end up being acrylic then why not go all the way and add the gold glitter to it?

Yes! :D

tZerv5Y.jpg

Rust red saw cut?

Saw cut would be great!

Acrylic wise, I can’t stand that glitter gold..... :confused:

It’s a shame GEC isn’t touching horn any more.... this green horn is pretty sweet...
b6spbl.jpg

If we do bone, I hereby request Primitve Bone. I like the texture. That’s pretty manly isn’t it? I’m sure it will still fit in my knife purse. :D

kyezn.jpg

20kf3pl.jpg

2prh2fp.jpg

Acrylic wise, I can’t stand that glitter gold..... :confused:

It’s a shame GEC isn’t touching horn any more.... this green horn is pretty sweet...
b6spbl.jpg

If we do bone, I hereby request Primitve Bone. I like the texture. That’s pretty manly isn’t it? I’m sure it will still fit in my knife purse. :D

kyezn.jpg

20kf3pl.jpg

2prh2fp.jpg
I would vote for that horn in a milisecond.

With the 86 bordering on being jumbo jack size, tradition should follow either wood, bone or stag. The price guidelines for the forum knife will eliminate stag. Killer jigged bone (as seen in the #15 rope knives) would be my pick followed by either ebony or cocobolo. Traditional is as traditional was.

There is no rule that a Tradtional Blade Forums Knife must go to a sponser here.
If I understand the rules correctly, the company making the knife does not have to be a sponsor.
But, the dealer ordering the knife and handling the sale and delivery does.

Enjoy your GEC, everyone who gets one! :)

I'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back