2019 Traditional Forum Knife...The First Poll

Which pattern will be the basis for the 2019 Traditional Forum Knife (see post for details)

• GEC 86

Votes: 212 52.3%
  • Fox knives 521

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • Buck 192 (Vanguard) fixed blade

Votes: 160 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

Tortoise shell acrylic
Rat tail bolsters
Federal shield

Let’s get after it.
I like how you start out, but me personally, this being a larger frame, I'd like to see a larger sheild. Something like the bowtie, or the crown. We haven't seen those in a while..

Add a satin blade and bareheaded too.

This knife is for a worker, a sailor, an electrician, a tradesman. It is not built to be carried in a purse, but in worn overalls. It is carried by a man who would like to trade in his F150 for an F350 (with dual wheels). A man suckled on boilermakers. Weaned with red meat.
Manhood proud, with honor and Masculinity rampant.

What he needs is Rust Red Jigged Bone!

I'm all for acrylic covers. White pearl acrylic looks nice. Tomato or cherry soda are pretty cool as well. Just a few that I like from past runs.

661212-moose-turqoise.jpg

092214-esq-Western-Sky-Acrylic.jpg

092214-esq-Pumpkin-Patch-acrylic.jpg

061213-cherry-soda1.jpg

061113-tomato-acrylic.jpg

This knife is for a worker, a sailor, an electrician, a tradesman. It is not built to be carried in a purse, but in worn overalls. It is carried by a man who would like to trade in his F150 for an F350 (with dual wheels). A man suckled on boilermakers. Weaned with red meat.

Nah, that guy voted for Buck.

Does GEC go under a different name on here? I dont see GEC or Great Eastern Cutlery.

Hard pass on acrylic of any sort!

Wood covers would be my preference. I'm open to many different types of wood. When does the winner of this poll get officially declared? Is it Thursday (tomorrow) at 12:12AM? When does the voting/input on covers, shield, and bolsters "officially" begin?

Does that mean r8shell r8shell and @pertinux can't have this years knife?

Really???? I don't pay any attention to the other manufacturers here. (I spend too much what little I do)
But I would think a forum knife should be from a forum supporter! I think the forum supporters should be treated better than that! If that's the case then gec and fox shouldn't have even been a consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back