2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

I guess I'm just weird, I'm LOVING the Woodland Micarta but dislike the shield. :confused:
I have a Woodland Micarta Liner lock on reserve, I knew I'd like it after seeing its use on the fixed blades.
According to the production schedule, the shield on the Woodland micarta is still TBD... Hoping for a simple hotdog or no shield at all. :cool::thumbsup:

I am the opposite, that shield shield is sweet but I don’t care for micarta on a traditional slip joint.

I dream about a 23 two blade with the shield shield and ebony or African Blackwood.

I don't have a 23 on reserve but I'm going to try and get one that's a liner lock, first preference is the brown jig bone and hopefully they change the TBD shield to none

When you say etch you’re referring to the design on the blade? I don’t really care for that etch but I’m planning to get one as a user so it won’t stay on for long anyway.

Yes. That design is etched on with acid. It's easily removed and it goes away with use. I think they look like cheap advertising.

Its an odd picture on the etch. The wagon needs to be moved sideways so it doesn’t interfere with the profile of the figure.

Good to see GEC is as idiosyncratic as before!

Last edited:
The autumn bone looks great!

I am ok with the Northfield etch, but the rest are not appealing.

I assume Mr. Howard has a soft spot for the resident etching professional.

Well, this one was made in 2012, but I didn't buy it until February of 2020. I show it because of the comments about a sheath, and this one came with a very nice fitted sheath by S. Branson.

zc6bVGd.jpg

fdENmov.jpg

NbhbGwx.jpg

That’s what I was thinking too. I imagined the antique autumn to be more of a smooth bone type of affair.

Looking at the schedule list description I was also thinking antique autumn would be smooth, it could be the OKC SFO jig bone brownish

Back