2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

These are looking pretty good so far - especially the natural bone. Patiently waiting to see some in process photos of the mesquite, but I'm guessing that'll be several weeks away.

Yes. That design is etched on with acid. It's easily removed and it goes away with use. I think they look like cheap advertising.
Theres only one thing worse than cheap advertising...
And That..is expensive advertising...

The antique autumn will be much lighter after assembly and polishing.
Aaah Grasshopper!...does the humble stoat not change to ermine as winter darkens the sky? and yet it is just as beautiful..

Got a single blade LL ant aut nat bne on reserve....
Onya Barry.

These are looking pretty good so far - especially the natural bone. Patiently waiting to see some in process photos of the mesquite, but I'm guessing that'll be several weeks away.

The Mesquite has me curious as well. It's the only one I have on reserve - I suspect it will be awhile yet though. I don't think I have ever waited this long between GEC acquisitions, starting to jones a bit...

I think that mesquite filled up quick, I'll have to wait and see if any become available. And if I have any money by then. I really want them all, but I can't afford that. Right now, I have one two blade and two one blade on reserve with another on standby. I feel the pull to get these initial knives and I'm trying to hold back. :eek:

Is the brown bone supposed to be a natural smooth bone too?

I really want a mesquite, but since I couldn't get in on the pre-order with CK, I doubt I will be able to find one. But my Woodland Micarta is in the mail.

Seeing the production photo of natural bone in progress makes me very happy, its the only planned purchase this run :D

Dang I reserved the wrong one. That smooth bone is gonna be awesome!

Yep, me too. The brown bone is too similar to my 2007 GEC produced #23 for Schrade. I will be on the lookout for a #23LL in the smooth bone when the time comes unless I can find a preorder somewhere.

The beaver tails look amazing! I normally don't care for wooden handled knives, but I cant wait to get a LL version of one of these.
IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Back