2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

John, I agree with you. I've never had a GEC of any description that was above an 8, and only a few of those. The only 9 pull I ever had was a Bulldog USA Wildcat Driller made by Queen that was truly almost impossible to open, but it could still be done. I think the problem is that most knives fall between a 4 and 7, and people naturally want to spread that range out. To my way of thinking, there are some pretty noticeable jumps between numbers, not just minor differences. This topic gets revisited with some regularity, but to me the numbers can be equated to the following:
1 = floppy
2 = spring works, but just barely
3 = very soft
4 = soft
5 = medium
6 = firm
7 = very firm
8 = hard, unpleasant
9 = nearly impossible to open
10 = frozen

Is it just me or is the autumn bone looking a lot like frontier bone?

frontier bone
great-eastern-42-440c-mo-trader-frontier-bone-serialized-32.jpg

Autumn bone
IMG_1890.jpg

Woaaah well worth the wait! This thing is amazing. Huge folder and going to be riding in my back pocket. Kinda with it had a lanyard hole. Super amazing strong pulled and snappy both blade. Springs are flush and no gaps. Wow amazing knife. Even more excited for the single blade, liner locks now!
MVIMG_20200605_163122.jpg

I’m kinda interested in the 2 blade jigged Brazilian cherry but I’d like to know if it has half stops or not and when and where I could get one. I’ve checked around and find pictures but no info or anything on that particular knife. All I’ve found info on is the woodland micarta model. I’ve always liked the jumbo size trappers.

I think all the 2 blades will have half stops, and the cherry has not made it to dealers yet.

Next week they will arrive, but you will have to act quickly!

I’m kinda interested in the 2 blade jigged Brazilian cherry but I’d like to know if it has half stops or not and when and where I could get one. I’ve checked around and find pictures but no info or anything on that particular knife. All I’ve found info on is the woodland micarta model. I’ve always liked the jumbo size trappers.
I bet they start hitting online shops next week. Sign up for emails from places like TKC that don’t do early reserves and you might still be able to get one.

For my #23 Trapper, I would say the Skinner Blade is a 9-9.5 pull and the Spey Blade is a 8.5-9.0. I think this is the right amount of pull for a blade this size (maybe a tad on the heavy side). Not the light pull of a 97.
Can you pinch open the main blade ?
I only have 10 finger nails and I’d like to keep them :D
I was going to pick one up but for me anything above a 8 pull is a no go since I prefer not to grind my teeth as I attempt to open it with finger nail chips flying in the air for special effects. I know big blades knives should have a stronger pull but 9 and up is two much for me. I let a beautiful Davison go years ago because it had a gorilla strength/bear trap action.
Please tell me the main is pinchable I really like the looks of this one :)

Can you pinch open the main blade ?
I only have 10 finger nails and I’d like to keep them :D
I was going to pick one up but for me anything above a 8 pull is a no go since I prefer not to grind my teeth as I attempt to open it with finger nail chips flying in the air for special effects. I know big blades knives should have a stronger pull but 9 and up is two much for me. I let a beautiful Davison go years ago because it had a gorilla strength/bear trap action.
Please tell me the main is pinchable I really like the looks of this one :)
No pinching here...maybe on the single blade.

Back