2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

Im really glad I got on the list for a LL cherry after getting a standby on the bullet LL. The cherry turned out better than the bullet and I would be pissed to have missed out cause they ran low on materials.

I am expecting and hoping that something will be released on (7/31/2020) Friday. If GEC ran out of bone , they knew this way back. I heard it was steel that they were low on ,at first. GEC has plenty of #23LL Bullet parts. After the #33 run , they can always finish up the bullets knives. Bill Howard is always up to surprises , so you just never know. GEC is building knives to survive . Bill Howard is a fighter , and he will not lets us down. I just spotted more #33 Conductor photos. The new shield in the production drawing photos will be used on the Tidioute #33 knife. "Classy & Beautiful"
It is a good looking shield
IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

My mesquite showed up today.... I'm tickled to death with it. Great grain, lots of character. Probably a 6 pull, and the liner lock goes all the way across the tang of the blade, and is very easy to push back into position for closing. If I push really strongly against the blade, there might be a 64th of an inch movement.... maybe less. It's not much, and would never be noticed in use. This is a great knife.... I'm glad I got to reserve one....

jX4c5z.jpg
jX4bET.jpg

I am expecting and hoping that something will be released on (7/31/2020) Friday. If GEC ran out of bone , they knew this way back. I heard it was steel that they were low on ,at first. GEC has plenty of #23LL Bullet parts. After the #33 run , they can always finish up the bullets knives. Bill Howard is always up to surprises , so you just never know. GEC is building knives to survive . Bill Howard is a fighter , and he will not lets us down. I just spotted more #33 Conductor photos. The new shield in the production drawing photos will be used on the Tidioute #33 knife. "Classy & Beautiful"
Sorry what did I miss? GEC having trouble and is it due to COVID shutdowns?

My mesquite showed up today.... I'm tickled to death with it. Great grain, lots of character. Probably a 6 pull, and the liner lock goes all the way across the tang of the blade, and is very easy to push back into position for closing. If I push really strongly against the blade, there might be a 64th of an inch movement.... maybe less. It's not much, and would never be noticed in use. This is a great knife.... I'm glad I got to reserve one....

jX4c5z.jpg
jX4bET.jpg
Congratulations on that one, you definitely got a nice looking one!!

Decided to get a belt sheath for my 23 beaver. Looked around quite a bit and reached out to a few people, but ultimately settled on this one. And boy am I sure glad I did. The brown ostrich grain matches so well with the beaver tail jigging! And it fits like a glove!
eEn5cUv.jpg

Decided to get a belt sheath for my 23 beaver. Looked around quite a bit and reached out to a few people, but ultimately settled on this one. And boy am I sure glad I did. The brown ostrich grain matches so well with the beaver tail jigging! And it fits like a glove!
eEn5cUv.jpg
That is one classy sheath!

Back