2020 GEC #23 Trapper Thread

I got my package from Mike @knifeswapper today! All I can say is WOW! This is a stunningly beautiful knife. The Mesquite on my example has very nice grain and colorings. The transitions are smooth, the blade is centered and sharp. I’m going to say it is about a 7 pull. It has a little lighter pull than my 23L Beaver Tail. It is nearly perfectly flush in all 3 positions. I couldn’t be more pleased! The only problem I have with the knife is the fact that it is above my amateur photographer skills to to take a photo of it that will do it justice! But I’ll definitely keep trying! :) :thumbsup:

50177893271_7437283436_o_d.jpg

50177893236_c2e5d8045d_o_d.jpg

I got my package from Mike @knifeswapper today! All I can say is WOW! This is a stunningly beautiful knife. The Mesquite on my example has very nice grain and colorings. The transitions are smooth, the blade is centered and sharp. I’m going to say it is about a 7 pull. It has a little lighter pull than my 23L Beaver Tail. It is nearly perfectly flush in all 3 positions. I couldn’t be more pleased! The only problem I have with the knife is the fact that it is above my amateur photographer skills to to take a photo of it that will do it justice! But I’ll definitely keep trying! :) :thumbsup:

50177893271_7437283436_o_d.jpg

50177893236_c2e5d8045d_o_d.jpg
I really wish I was around to get on these, that is one very beautiful knife! I have a real soft spot for the 23LL and you got a winner right there! :thumbsup:

539452BE-1F10-4751-B79C-1608D6571C47.jpeg 130EADBB-DE94-431C-8966-C6AF46DDC108.jpeg
mesquite really turned out to be a wonderful material. Lots of variety in all the examples posted. Mine contains some nice grain with figuring I didn’t capture well. Bit sad to think these may be some of the last SFOs....for a while at least.

SXubV2v.jpg

sEHMwbW.jpg

A little surprise on my porch this morning. Pull is about a 6, the Micarta is more like a 7.

Edited to add: the Micarta has been getting a workout for the last couple of weeks. It’s the perfect size for eating, if you need more than your butter knife and don’t feel like walking into the kitchen. It also makes light of the sturdiest cardboard box.

The mesquite is ...wow. Almost too pretty for me to use. This thing just screams “Texas.” It’s big, it’s slightly rustic but decidedly refined, and of course, the mesquite... bomb shield is perfectly inlaid, too. I’ve never handled mesquite wood before. Is it stabilized, or natural?

Last edited:
Have yall seen the PA Wounded Warrior Project raffle #23 Trapper knife ??? (1 of 2) GEC#23 Pioneer Trapper Sambar Stag "Bullet Shield" Two blade knife. I guess the factory museum gets one. "No more shields on the Sambar Stag scales !" "Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! (edit) "Click on ---PA Wounded Warrior Drawing"

Last edited:
Back