2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Does GEC randomly put pins in or is it for all (besides Farm & Field)?
Used to be they were only included in one of 4 tubes...and they didn't do pins every run. More recently, I think they started putting them in every tube for the runs that do have them. Perhaps for F&F they are scaling it back a bit not sure.

Believe me, I have conjured up and rejected all sorts of nefarious plots!!, Including tunneling!!:eek::D
I talked to GEC the day before they closed, and paid for one to get sent across the border, but the "polite" Canada Customs is busy clearing Toilet paper shipments I guess!!:p No shipments visible yet!!
It once took me seven weeks to get a knife from Georgia!! (admittedly that was ten years ago!!) Now I have a U.S. PO Box, and clear everything by hand!!:rolleyes: They are very good to me at the border coming back! Most border guards like to see what I have, so I proudly show them off!! But it's not a big commercial port or anything; it's between two small towns!!:cool:
I am old and at risk, healthwise, so it's self-isolation for me, until a vaccine is developed!!
Meanwhile I sure am enjoying all the collections and creative efforts
in this #62 thread!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Please take care of yourselves Charlie . We are still looking forward to seeing you folks in Titusville in August .

Harry

My red/black micarta pocket carver arrived today.... surprised me.
Today was a gray, overcast day, with rain, so the pics were taken in my garage... the color rendition is pretty bad, but it's a nice looking knife. I worked on the edges, and started whittling with it already. So far, the only thing I've made with it are shavings, but it's a joy to use... should be a perfect knife for a Texas Tech Red Raider fan... RED AND BLACK! Guns UP! :D

jECSGr.jpg
jECnEF.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the Shadow and Red n Black Micarta, pity it's not available in the 2 blade form. Then I keep dreaming, in these days of house-arrest...that it could as if by magic, become the Forum Knife 2020 :D:cool: Well, you have to have something to look forward to however remote :thumbsup:

Well mine finally came today after floating around in USPS limbo for nearly a week past original delivery day. Worth the wait! I couldn’t be happier with the fit and finish. The red and black scales are beautiful. Oh yeah those big brass pins are stunning! My pics don’t do them justice. Being the Luddite that I am, I’m still having problems uploading pics.:mad:View attachment 1313139

Last edited:
No way... a pine cone has the seeds pointed down toward the narrow end. That thing is some kind of leaf. Am I crazy? I just consulted the GEC shield page and sadly that was not displayed... so now my curiosity is killing me.

Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT What is it? And why is it the choice for DLT?
I'm almost positive it's a oak leaf just as you said. I believe back in 2016 I bought a #92 With a Wharncliffe blade in Blue Camel Bone with this shield.

It is an Oak leaf, we have done it on several SFOs now. Our owner, Jason, chose the Oak leaf as it was popular shield in the early 1900s that had not been used recently, he wanted to bring it back into use. We always thought it looked great on a variety of different covers and appreciate the history associated with it.

It is an Oak leaf, we have done it on several SFOs now. Our owner, Jason, chose the Oak leaf as it was popular shield in the early 1900s that had not been used recently, he wanted to bring it back into use. We always thought it looked great on a variety of different covers and appreciate the history associated with it.

Thanks for the reply! My curiosity is satisfied!

I’m a fan of the oak leaf, and I’d love to see it on some oak covers on a 3 1/2” divided spring whittler, with a big clip, small clip and small wharnecliffe secondaries.

so... just saying... maybe pull a few strings... owe some favors...

pretty crude, but this is a little owl I've been working on today. I'm finding out that a lot of "whittling" is just practice... this one is a little better than my first attempt (except for snapping the tip of one ear off :rolleyes:). By the time I've done 10 or 15 of them, they might actually be presentable. This one was done with the red/black micarta pocket carver. Sweet tool to use....

jkjlca.jpg

pretty crude, but this is a little owl I've been working on today. I'm finding out that a lot of "whittling" is just practice... this one is a little better than my first attempt (except for snapping the tip of one ear off :rolleyes:). By the time I've done 10 or 15 of them, they might actually be presentable. This one was done with the red/black micarta pocket carver. Sweet tool to use....

jkjlca.jpg
Only your second one?
I'd say you're doing great! :cool::thumbsup:

Back