1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

2020 Northwoods Indian River Jack Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by wickettedge, Nov 9, 2020.

1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I will try haven't landed a northwoods at retail since the last run of madison barlows! I guess it's worth a try. Good luck!

AnW and Crazy Canuck like this.
  2. nickvnlr

nickvnlr Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I think I would be more interested if it was bare headed and/or had the chunky NW saber grind with the heat treat colors and whatnot just for something different. As is, I am perfectly happy with my M&G. <shrug> I might try for some stragglers from other runs...

3. Jake Dudley

Jake Dudley Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2020
    So it looks like the camel bones will be a surprise on which color you get. Is that usually how it's done?

4. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Usually they are all pictured individually.

5. Jake Dudley

Jake Dudley Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2020
    Well?

6. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    I honestly think sneaker bots have infiltrated the market.

I had all my billing info and payment information set up ahead of time and I choose a less in demand mammoth handled knife and I was hitting F5 to refresh the screen three minutes before the sale started. Not sure how it would have been possible to go any faster.

Hope some of you were able to grab something before they were gone.

SDknifeguy and rpstrimple like this.
  7. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Congrats to everyone who scored, they were beautiful. I lost this time.

8. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Well I got a giraffe bone. I will post pics later. I was going for a Mammoth, but they kept being bought out of my cart. I was lucky to get what I got...

SDknifeguy and aji1 like this.
  9. KnifeandEasy

KnifeandEasy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Well those lasted for longer than I expected. I was going to go for a Kudu bone, but definitely got some sticker shock and went with a black camel bone instead.
    Do the Kudu bone usually go that high?

10. DavidV81

DavidV81

Feb 12, 2019
    I missed out as well, and I tried for a giraffe

11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I blame @trevitrace ... Camel bone #68 en route. Looks to have nice dark coloring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2016
    Well, was lucky to score a Kudu...I hate these intense drops...really taking the fun out of this hobby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    :cool: I landed one! I missed on a green camel bone. But scored this sweet giraffe!:eek:
    northwoods-knives-indian-river-jack-giraffe-bone-a-26__25851.1604933758.jpg
    northwoods-knives-indian-river-jack-giraffe-bone-b-26__90339.1604933758.jpg

14. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    I was successful in grabbing a Kudu bone. I had to choose so quickly, not 100% I got a look at the knife I bought.

15. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Same here.

16. aji1

aji1 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    I actually scored one of the camel bones. I tried for a mammoth, but it got snatched. In all honesty, I am not super interested in these knives, but, living in Europe, I haven't really participated in the legendary GEC "lollyscrambles" (there is basically no chance). So I figured I would give it a shot just to see what all of the hoopla is about and lucked out.

[EDIT: To add photos.] It's not perfect, but pretty nice, and, geez, you don't have much time to decide!

northwoods-indian-river-jack-camel-bone-a-2.jpg

northwoods-indian-river-jack-camel-bone-b-2_2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  17. Blades of Glory

Blades of Glory Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    Same exact thing with me. Three tries with the mammoth, no dice. Giraffe went through

18. Maverick299

Maverick299

Apr 12, 2014
    That's the one that got cart snagged from me. Congrats on that beauty, that one spoke to me more so than all the others

Vaporstang and SDknifeguy like this.
  19. Colt_Chad

Colt_Chad Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Sadly I wasn't able to land a mammoth, but somehow I got a camel AND a giraffe!!! Not bad for pulling the truck over on the side of the road and working from my cell phone :D

20. SDknifeguy

SDknifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2020
    well that was total chaos!!!

Vaporstang, aji1 and tmd_87 like this.