• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2021 BF Forum knife vs. Facebook & Flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people really have made this hobbie kinda crappy lately. Why drag peoples name through the mud if you havent talked to them personally first? Are yall still in high school?

As a member of both these communities I can tell you their are good, bad and ugly in both places. It gets old having to defend people both ways. As far as calling Matt out, shame on you. You have no idea who he is, what he is about amd you never bothered to ask. Get some facts before you call someone out!

Now, this years knife. Do you all seriously think Mike and the moderators are not on top of things? No matter how many rules you make a few will still get out and sell for flipper costs, it's just how it is. Bitching and whining and moaning doesnt change that.

I can tell you, this traditional section is alienating any new members with how you talk to new people in these threads. Keep at it, already plenty of members like me who split more time elsewhere because we are tired of the same people constantly complaining and making it not fun. Let's get back to sharing pics and fun if not productive conversation. Not witch hunting and pitchfork carrying!

And just because, every knife thread needs a knife pic :D

IlYSCZ5.jpg

Speaking of people I have sold knives to, are you happy with the deals we made, Jeff? Do you feel like I ripped you off somehow?

I cant "heart" your post or I would Dirk! I know you are no flipper, I know you are a great guy who loves knives! I am glad to see you are posting around here, I need to spend more time here but the adds are brutal and after something like 10 years of paying for a membership here and all the issues at night time I just dont feel like paying again right now.

Hope you are good and still enjoying the gems you still have!

Nice to meet you as well. I do understand community. And a friend of mine from the knife collecting community was rather rudely accused by Fixall, in this thread, of doing something he had no intention of doing. Fixall doubled down and I got upset. One thing about communities is the doors swing both ways, and I do see what fixall did as an overstep and awfully unwelcoming. Luckily communities can be greater than the sum of their parts and there’s plenty of good folks to smooth over the rough edges.

That’s fair, and I can appreciate sticking up
for a friend.

It’s a hard pill to swallow when we see
past knives selling to non-members on EBay for huge markups. The idea was to offer them first to members. This practice has caused some concerns, as it should. Naturally there will be a few folks who object, as well as those who don’t.

That said, I have no intent to perpetuate a non-welcoming atmosphere to anyone here. The forum thrives on its members and their diversity.

I still say individually numbering the knives would put a stop to the nonsense. Easy enough to track and ban from future sales.

Black sharpy number the tube at least. Serialized bolster would be ideal, but GEC has got away from that.

Me too, me too.

And yes, I still dig the few I kept for myself.
Now I know this is Dirk, I just passed the stag 66 I got from you last year to a friend for what I paid you. It was my every Saturday carry for a year and figured he would appreciate it the same. Thanks for that btw and hope you’re well.

There have already been rumblings of folks in FB groups creating guides so that members there can join here and meet the requirements to get one of the already in demand 2021 Forum knives pending to be made by GEC.

That type of tactic contravenes the spirit of the forum knife as these members aren't joining to contribute to the forums or to the traditional sub. They merely want chance to soak up a few hot knives to flip on eBay at 5x the price.

Post up names, links, screenshots, whatever you've got. There will be enough members on here to help stamp out the grass-fire before it gets rolling.

D Danke42 -
Is there a signup thread?
I have not seen one and have been looking for it off and on -

thanks -

mqqn

Now I know this is Dirk, I just passed the stag 66 I got from you last year to a friend for what I paid you. It was my every Saturday carry for a year and figured he would appreciate it the same. Thanks for that btw and hope you’re well.

Cool beans! I dug that little 66 even though I rarely carried it myself.

Early in 2020 when Covid started getting bad I got pretty depressed and worried I was going to die of Covid and leave my wife with a bunch of expensive knives she wouldn't know what to do with and sold most of them off.

^ :rolleyes: Oh for crying out loud, give me a freaking break! I call Bull:poop:! :rolleyes:

Really, you popping in here to make snarky comments about me too? You should get a non-admin account to do that sort of thing with.

Just a thought: You might want to consider sticking strictly to Facebook, from here on out. :D

As for this specific GEC Forum Knife, & FB newbie's joining just to try & score one, strictly to flip. I highly doubt that they'll have much success, doing so here.

^ :rolleyes: Oh for crying out loud, give me a freaking break! I call Bull:poop:! :rolleyes:

You are the expert on bullshit around here. I suspect you are the most blocked person on bladeforums.

Just a thought: You might want to consider sticking strictly to Facebook, from here on out. :D

I'd ask my dog for advice before you.

You are the expert on bullshit around here. I suspect you are the most blocked person on bladeforums.
How would you know, obviously you haven't blocked him.
I'd ask my dog for advice before you.
And what advice would your dog have on this topic... never mind, it doesn't matter.

I had planned on overlooking your posts from here on out, but these made me laugh. :D

Nice to see all you Facebook friends looking out for eachother!

You found it odd enough to post his name and FB profile pic to this forum...

You act like I doxxed him when he literally uses the same exact name for his BladeForums name.

And a friend of mine from the knife collecting community was rather rudely accused by Fixall, in this thread, of doing something he had no intention of doing. Fixall doubled down and I got upset.

I posted a screenshot of Matt posting "Easy ebay grab." in the GEC Collectors Club page. I'm not sure where the accusation is there. I didn't say anything else in that post. I left it up to others to interpret the meaning.

Darren then asked me to leave his facebook group for posting that screenshot (which I'll do as soon as I log in assuming I haven't been removed already).

I replied that I would have thought that Darren would have been happy to have people from his group called out when they scalp knives... Which is what I would have done had I seen it happening. Still not seeing where I accused Matt of flipping.

Then you came in here and told me I should assume things. Which I said was fair and then posted Matt's limited history here on the forums, which I thought was relevant. He hasn't put in enough work here to take part in the forum knife, but I imagine he'll have no issue getting one from one of his Facebook buddies who are active here. Sure would be a shame if a real member missed out on a BF knife because of it.

If you don't mean to offend then what is the purpose of this comment? ...snip... You insinuating I'm a flipper because you have this bee in your bonnet is your personal problem.

My intent wasn't to call you out as a flipper, but to use your past sale to point out that you may have a different viewpoint than me when it comes to reselling knives at a markup.

I can tell you, this traditional section is alienating any new members with how you talk to new people in these threads. Keep at it, already plenty of members like me who split more time elsewhere because we are tired of the same people constantly complaining and making it not fun. Let's get back to sharing pics and fun if not productive conversation. Not witch hunting and pitchfork carrying!

You do realize this is not the traditional forum right?

Last edited:
Well, I apologize. I brought up the forum knife in the fb group. My naivete thought it was common for people that liked knives would naturally be in both places. Silly me.

You do realize this is not the traditional forum right?

Yeah but like most these threads, they start out in the forum and get moved. Why does it matter where it is? Everyone posting in here is a part of that sub forum.

I still dont even see how you got to your conclusion about Matt from what you posted. It also shows his character to have people pass this link around to say F this guy who doesnt know what the hell he is talking about! I felt compelled to stand up for my friend when someone who thinks he knows something trys to spread a rumor of which he knows nothing about.

I have seen Matt gift a lot of knives to people. I have had him ask me to help him track down a specific knife for fellow friends. FB and messaging helps us all actually become friends and get to know eachother. We talk on the phone, trade and gift knives. So yeah, we are gonna come together and set people straight, that's what people do when someone with honor is being ousted in a wrong light. Ya know, real man shit, brotherhood!

You made it public so you get talked to in public. Next time try manning up and talking directly to a person before you accuse them of something. You might actually make a friend instead of being talked down to.

Well, I apologize. I brought up the forum knife in the fb group. My naivete thought it was common for people that liked knives would naturally be in both places. Silly me.
Oh geez...now the OKCA saw your thread too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back