2022 GEC Bayou Trapper #88 Thread

I'm used to carrying Stockmans and Whittlers, so I'm used to multi-bladed knives. Maybe I'm overthinking this one, but it just seems like a few adjustments would make it much more comfortable in use.
I'll make myself carry it for a week before doing anything. (except probably buffing that one sharp spot in the bone jigging)
D1BjEI5.jpg
That's a nice looking knife... normally I don't care for "boutique" shields, but that gator kinda grows on you, doesn't it?

still waiting to see someone do a blade delete on one of these...
Double delete:

Finished up the single clip blade 88 tonight. The gabon ebony is pure black. I don't see
any streaking or light colors, which I think looks good on this knife. Worked the grips so it was comfortable in my hand and then gave them some large, smooth contours. Replaced the temporary pins with some stainless ones and the action smoothed up even more. Opens and closes very nicely now.

View attachment 1814041View attachment 1814042

Finally got one of these in hand. Like others have mentioned, I didn’t appreciate the scale of this thing from pictures. Reminds me of the Moose I once had size-wise. It’s a chunk.

Walk and talk is snappily satisfying. Only the tube cap was a near nail breaker! Ha

Cool knife.

bt9cMxJl.jpg

Can you get off the pricing and talk about the knives themselves - maybe even show pictures of yours
Ed, I'm not trying to get off track talking about pricing. Just trying to help a another person on the porch with a pricing issue. As for pictures outside of stag (of which there is none!) and SOME wood grain, it's all the same. What do you want pictures of? It appears from your pic. you are a Naval Vet. When, where, what duties and rank? If I'm reading your picture correctly-Thank You!

Back