22 Ammo

last week I was at a show sitting at a friends booth. he didn't sell one knife but he sold $2,000.00 of ammo. everyone is buying it up like crazy. the price that you people are showing here is nothing for what they are selling at the shows. I would buy it up and much as you can.

Forget Gold, .22 Ammo up More than 400% :D

While many individuals have looked at precious metals for moderate gains and even some losses over the last year, the combination of base metals like lead and brass have seen an incredible return--particularly when those base metals are combined to form .22 ammunition.

Think about it--from one year ago until now, .22 ammunition is up over 400%. It was approximately $21 to $23 per 500 rounds in May 2012, and it's now $100 to $135 for 500 rounds.

Historically precious metals have been a great hedge in uncertain economic times. But lead and brass may be making a comeback.
:D

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...mmo-Up-More-Than-400-From-This-Time-Last-Year

Chris, my other favorite is this Mk2 10 incher. I'm not loyal to Browning, or any brand for that matter, like some people are, and enjoy this one a great deal as well. It's a scary accurate pistol, that'll shoot way better than the Buckmark, it's just not as practical to carry, I feel that the accuracy is attributed to the much longer sight radius, anybody can shot this pistol well, it's grand. I've still got a decent cache of 22, but have slacked off my shooting to about 2-3 days a week. Haven't shot this one in a while though, need to change that. MkIIs are great shooters, I keep my eyes peeled for them, and will probably wind up getting a Mark 3.

My dad has that exact model, with target rubber grips.

I have the old Ruger Mark I with target barrel. Love it! I finally "broke" it. After buying it used when I was 12 years old, and shooting it for the last 23 years, the main spring has a cross pin that is just a rolled steel pin. It had a bit of wiggle in it, and I put the gun back together anyway, instead of tracking down a punch and giving it a few taps to flare it back out.

Now, I can't take the mainspring out. It still shoots all day, but eventually, I need to take it back apart and give a thorough cleaning. Not sure how the factory would ever get that sucker apart with that pin shifted to one side!

I thought I had a pic of just the Ruger Mark I, but this was all I could find.

I have not seen an actual box of .22 ammo for sale in my neck of the woods since the big run right after the shooting.

Not at any price. Apparently, I need to start haunting the Walmart early on stock day.

Funny thing is, my dad gave us each a few boxes of old .22 ammo for Christmas, becasue he thought the price tag would make us smile (it was from his old stash of CCI. The price was $2.50). Right after he gave us those, you could not get the .22 ammo any more.

I have not taken my boys out shooting much since then, because I simply can't find the .22 ammo locally, and I'm not willing to pay a 200% mark up from some gouger.

Found a box of 325rds at a gun shop a few days ago, He said hes starting to get more in but would only sell me 2 at $25.00. So, $50.00 for 650 rds.

My local basspro has had some delivered two days in a row now. Hoping this could be the beginning of the end for the ammo shortage???

After buying CCI Mini-Mags at a normal price last week I talked with the guy in sporting goods at the local Mart. He said the problem now isn't with his distributors but with store management. He said he could get any ammo he wanted if allowed to order. The store still has a limit of three boxes per person per day except for bulk 22 which is a limit of one box. At a local flea market this past weekend there were quite a few people selling ammo at inflated prices with 22 being the worst. One guy was selling at $5/50 rounds and the other were much higher.

I've only been able to find 22 sub-sonics in my neck of the woods. To my surprise they actually run through my Sig Sauer Mosquito w/out any fault. I guess I got one of the very few good ones, from what I've heard

Went in to a gun shop a few days ago while visiting relatives. He had quite a bit of ammo in stock but had it marked wayyy up. CCI mini mags were $20/box of 100. I'm too stubborn to pay those prices.

Found plenty of Federal Automatch 325 packs yesterday at a local Walmart. Charged me 14 and change per box.

I lucked out at a yard sale a few weeks ago. Picked up 3500 rounds of .22 for 20.00, and the guy threw in a butler creek speed loader for my 10/22 hi caps for free.

I lucked out at a yard sale a few weeks ago. Picked up 3500 rounds of .22 for 20.00, and the guy threw in a butler creek speed loader for my 10/22 hi caps for free.

Why can't I find THOSE yard sales!!!!! The few times I stop they always seem to have a plethora of used Beanie Babies to pick from!!!!

Doc

Call Congressman Jeff Duncan, Chairman of sub-committee over Homeland Security, Washington Office Number 1-202-225-5301. I've called him on many topics but this is one that you need to call and find out the answer for yourself.

it's silliness. Why does anyone NEED to shoot a .22, other than a dozen rds a year on a farm, at most? So why not just wait and let the factories catch up with demand. To hell with these gougers. People are just STUPID, man.

Found more Automatch .22 today.....over eighteen dollars a box......at Walmart.

I passed and got crickets instead. Fishing is cheaper.

it's silliness. Why does anyone NEED to shoot a .22, other than a dozen rds a year on a farm, at most? So why not just wait and let the factories catch up with demand. To hell with these gougers. People are just STUPID, man.

Yep, pretty much. What goes up comes down. The market is just way to high. You should see the lines of people just to get into the gun shows, panic.
I have brass, powder, bullets and primers. Not made a purchase in over a year. I have an air rifle and plenty of arrow shafts. I don't have to buy anything.

It's silliness. Why does anyone need to own more than one or two pocket folders and one belt knife? :) Be careful using that argument as it can swing very widely.

Between the two of us, my son and I shoot 100 to 200 .22LR cartridges a week. I keep at least the equivalent of three cases (15,000 cartridges) as a stockage goal and reorder at 10,000. I'll always have 1-2 years worth on hand. During this latest panic we have neither slowed our shooting nor have we paid exorbitant prices to do so. After the last few panics, even Ray Charles saw this coming.

My latest purchase was 6250 cartridges of Czech Sellier & Bellot standard velocity 40 gr .22LR.
Czech%2520S-B%2520Surplus%2520.22LR.jpg

Last edited:
Bass Pro Shop opened up an Outpost in Tallahassee, Florida on September 4th. I was told by one of the managers that they sold 550,000 rounds of .22LR ammo in six hours. I went there on the 5th and was able to purchase one box (limit) of 525 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet at $23.49. This is the first box of .22 ammo I have been able to find in the past eight months.

Back