$30 knife kicked the Sebenza out of my pocket

Choices.

Everyday I'm faced with the difficult choice of which knife I will carry. Sometimes I start planning my decision minutes before I have to choose.

What will it be today?.........Sebenza? ......SNG?.......XM-18?.........Skyline?...........what? Skyline? :confused:

Yup. For the last week or two, this $30 knife has kicked the big dogs out of my pocket. Why? Maybe it's the razor sharp Sandvik blade and grippy G-10. Or maybe the ultra-light 2.3oz weight. Or maybe it's the buttery smooth flipper action. I don't know, I can't figure it out.

I don't know why I waited so long to get one. I should have taken Nutnfancy's advice sooner. :p:D

Skyline2.jpg

Skyline.jpg

Last edited:
Geek,

I'm trying to email you to set up the XM-18 trade, but the email keeps coming back???????:confused::confused:?????

;):D

That is a cool knife. I'm going to be taking mine tomorrow (along with my 0303)...just in case you know.;)

All this talk since this forum returned of how wonderful this knife is made me run out and replace the one I gave my nephew! This is my first dealings with 14C28! This may be the sharpest out of the box knife yet, and nice symmetrical edging; nothing to do but just start using it!

Last edited:
that good huh? ;) with an endorsement like that i may have to get around to getting a skyline.

I was in Alabama for work, and bought a Skyline and really liked it. Since I couldn't take it on the plane with me I ended up giving it to a co-worker. Dammit, now I gotta go buy another one! :D

All I ever hear is skyline this, skyline that. I guess i'm going to have to break down and get one.

It's my new EDC now, I really like this knife. same reasons as already stated.

Everyday I'm faced with the difficult choice of which knife I will carry.

I feel your pain. Some days its just too much for me, and I curl up in the fetal position and cry. But I go order a new knife, and it helps me feel better.

i have the damascus versions, bought it for $50, great little blade!!

lol i saw nut'n'fancys review on the skyline and bought it off of amazon from knife country i personally got the damascus steel and its a really nice little knife its light has a great lock up the blade the edge and overall fit and finish are excellent for a 30 dollar knife. my favorite edc blade has to be my zt 350 although its a different kind of knife for a different purpose it suits my needs just fine i really want a small tanto sebenza i just can't see dropping that kind of coin on another knife right now seeing as i just bought 2 new guns lol i think my wife would cut me with it.

It sounds like a good gift option. I still rather carry a wood inlay CR knife.

I love the Skyline as well. It's my go-to knife for around the house. We got a boatload of boxes yesterday, so I had a lot of cardboard to cut up, not to mentioned zip ties, plastic wrap, nylon webbing, fiberglass reinforced tape, etc. I had just sharpened the Skyline, so I expected to lose some of the edge, since it was razor thin. However, I finished, cleaned the tape gunk off with peanut butter, and the edge was as sharp as when I began. For some reason, the steel exhibits better performance than a lot of my other knives.

IMHO, it's one of the best folder buys out there right now.

- Mark

Back