$30 knife kicked the Sebenza out of my pocket

Ahh, everyone seems to love these little buggers. I had one, but had to return it because it was too small for my hands. The end of the handle would sit halfway between my middle finger. I also wished they would had made the thumbstuds more functional or just removed them all together.

Make a larger one with better thumbstuds and I'm all over it ;)

The studs are primarily blade stops.

There's a flipper on it because it's designed to be opened with it.

- OS

Aaaah the skyline. :D love it, its even competition for some of my spydercos and at a fraction of the price. butter smooth action nice g10, tight clip, tip up and down. And that 14c27n, OMFG, the edge it takes is phenomenal :D. Face shaving sharp. To think I thought M2 and VG10 got sharp :D. this steel pops a hair in half on contact with the edge when sharpened right. I cant say enough about it

Long time lurker here... finally signed up!

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, finally convinced me to pull the trigger. Had my Skyline for a month now, and very happy with her. When i first opened the box, I was a little disappointed - being so used to heavier lock knives, I mistook the lightness of the Skyline for cheap & nasty. How wrong i was. Cheap, yes... but nasty? No! A very light, very thin, very high quality blade. For $30, you really can't get better quality for your cash.

After use, the flipper loosens up nicely. I thought the flipper sticking out the side of the closed knife would be annoying, but I don't even notice it. In fact, I love the finger guard it becomes on the open blade. Makes me feel much safer using the liner lock without looking.

Definitely a keeper!

P1010336.jpg

P10103252.jpg

P1010334.jpg

I just got mine today. Seems to be an excellent choice for an EDC folder, light, thin, sharp as a razor. Since I am a lefty I find that the tip up carry is better, but I am not sure if I will use the clip. It is almost small enough to disapear into my pocket, perhaps with a lanyard. Will have to see.

I was at Walmart a few days ago and the Skylines were sold out.
I was planning on getting a backup to my backup.:D

My thread back-fired, the Walmarts are dry.

I almost got a Blur, but they only had combo edge.

Do they make a Tanto Blur in plain edge?

Just be careful with your skylines! I gave one away and within a week my friend opened it in a car, the car hit a bump, and the guy sitting next to him had a skyline in him all the way to the bone.
They are so fun. It's hard to put them down and stop flipping. I was driving (alone) the other day and was flipping it like crazy. At one point I thought to myself, "not the craziest thing I've done while driving, but it's up there."

Got a few skylines, the orange blem from kershawguy gets the most pocket time. I took the clip off and it just rides inside the pocket.

This Skyline kicked the other Skyline out of my pocket.

Thanks Kershawguy/Dave
Your shipping is the fastest on Earth.

tanskyline1.jpg

tanskyline2.jpg

Last edited:
Back