$30 knife kicked the Sebenza out of my pocket

I have Skylines in stone washed, damascus and red G10 flavors. Love them. I'd like to add an ACU flavor, but those suckers are hard to find.

IMG_1740.jpg

Moonglow scales? Where?

I saw a bunch of these on ebay. The listings claimed they were aftermarket, so I tend to believe that they're not from Kershaw. I don't really know anything about them, but I see them all over the place. I'm not sure if they're G10 or something else.

Yes I got them off of ebay, I have done business with this dealer before and he has great customer service and a good product...

as sharp as you think the stock skyline is out of the box, if you run the stock edge angle along a slotted wheel you'll be quite suprised at how much sharper that sucker will get! strop it alone some newsprint about 60 times after that and you'll be damn near push cutting cheap toilet paper and popping hair!

I love my skyline. awesome weight, sleep with it/had it on me for 24 hours a day pretty much for a month and I hardly noticed it!

Got my Black & Tan Skyline yesterday. It is rare I buy a duplicate of any knife. Granted you could argue it is not a duplicate since the scales are Tan G10 and the blade is coated black. Fixed the clip the way I like & oiled it up. Still does not flip as easily as my original Skyline. I assumed the blade coating might have an impact on flipping it open. Of course I just got it & have not flipped it as much as my original, so time will tell. :D

New Skyline fan based on this thread.. Read it yesterday, went to Wal Mart this morning and low and behold, two skylines laying in the bottom of the knife case on discontinued sale for 30$. They were in two different types of blister packaging, is one "better" than the other? I opened one but haven't opened the other yet but the one I am playing with is flat awesome! The flipper action couldn't be better, razor sharp, great grip... Wow! I MUST have a Damascus version... Anyone know the word on if anymore of those will become available? Thanks for a great recommendation on an amazing blade and value made in the USA!!!

Update on mine:

Got it back from Kershaw, with "Repaired Knife - SC".

Good news: took about 3 weeks.

Bad news: flipper function still doesn't work worth a hoot, must use wrist flick (see thread, yes I have several flipper model knives). Back handle screw still protruding longer past frame, but with a strand of tough fiber or something sticking out behind rim of nut. Tried to back out screw to get rid of it, get about one half turn, whole nut in frame turns, but can't grip it to get apart and see about expoxying it or something. So have untight screw through rear and can never take it apart.

Shame, great blade and feel, but I think this will suffice as my first and last Kershaw. I'll see if I can get $25 for it on eBay, with full disclosure.

- OS

EDIT: Well, out of stubbornness, I sent it back. Throwing another 2 bucks and another 3 weeks into the dang thang.

Last edited:
After reading just the first page of this I immediately went to Amazon and ordered one lol

I was aiming to get a Leek, but this is much cheaper.

I like my skyline. It is an above average EDC, but the tight clip and the g-10 make it VERY difficult to put in and remove from the pocket. My Kershaw Salvo is around the same price/size and I think it is far superior to the Skyline. To each is own.:rolleyes:

I like my skyline. It is an above average EDC, but the tight clip and the g-10 make it VERY difficult to put in and remove from the pocket. My Kershaw Salvo is around the same price/size and I think it is far superior to the Skyline. To each is own.:rolleyes:

Tight Clip is an easy fix. Just remove it & bend it to the desired grip. Just got a Black & Tan Skyline & it took maybe less than 10 minutes of fiddling around with it to get it right.

I can't keep a Skyline in my pocket. Had two and my girls got both of them. Both learned to use the flipper pretty quick and there they went...

I need to get another.

Update on mine:

Got it back from Kershaw, with "Repaired Knife - SC".

Good news: took about 3 weeks.

Bad news: flipper function still doesn't work worth a hoot, must use wrist flick (see thread, yes I have several flipper model knives). Back handle screw still protruding longer past frame, but with a strand of tough fiber or something sticking out behind rim of nut. Tried to back out screw to get rid of it, get about one half turn, whole nut in frame turns, but can't grip it to get apart and see about expoxying it or something. So have untight screw through rear and can never take it apart.

Shame, great blade and feel, but I think this will suffice as my first and last Kershaw. I'll see if I can get $25 for it on eBay, with full disclosure.

- OS

EDIT: Well, out of stubbornness, I sent it back. Throwing another 2 bucks and another 3 weeks into the dang thang.

Got knife back.
Still won't flip without wrist/arm movement.

Worse, the stripped out body nut not addressed at all, you can push seized nut/bolt back and forth but can't loosen or tighten it. Obvious nobody took it apart.
Judging by my experience, hard to believe folks rave about Kershaw CS.

Guess I'll call them tomorrow before I spend more in shipping than I did on the knife.

- OS

Last edited:
Back