#78 American Jack

The Maher & Grosch Yankee Whittlers are available for purchase on their site now. Just an fyi.

Ugh, I had been doing well with not blowing all my money ahead of the holidays on knives. Heck, I am like 3 months out since my last video on youtube. However, I got the email on the yankee whittlers, took a peek, and had to get one. They look great, and I don't yet have anything with so many blades on one end.

I ordered the bone covered knife.

This pattern looks like an American Jacks with an extra main blade.

Internal liners as well, which you hardly ever see any longer.

They ship quick, it is already on the way!

Mine should have been delivered yesterday. But it was delayed. USPS fouled up somehow. Now it shows in transit. So hopefully soon.

Mine should have been delivered yesterday. But it was delayed. USPS fouled up somehow. Now it shows in transit. So hopefully soon.

Mine are the same, post office has them stuck in Pittsburg, this is the third first class delivery the po has goofed up in the last month, took them 8 days to go 60 miles on another knife a couple weeks ago.

At Travman - the production schedule refers to the shield as a spear shield and not a houndstooth.

I agree it looks cool. The propeller shield on the ironwood knives look good too.

At Travman - the production schedule refers to the shield as a spear shield and not a houndstooth.

I agree it looks cool. The propeller shield on the ironwood knives look good too.

When the production schedule was released, I was anxious to see what the spear shield would look like. I saw this one in the production pics and thought, “that just looks like a hound’s tooth.” Not sure if there was another design they had in mind, or if this was the spear shield all along. It does have the appearance of a long spear or lance blade. I had envisioned something along the lines of an elongated Northwoods badge.

I like the looks of the single blade 78, got 1 on preorder dont rember what scales. The SFO for GP Knives looks real nice. I may have to try and buy one of those also.

Anybody's Yankee Whittler arrive? I'm curious about what your thoughts are about it.. if you have one.

Anybody's Yankee Whittler arrive? I'm curious about what your thoughts are about it.. if you have one.

Unfortunately the Post Office is still holding mine hostage, getting real antsy.

I like the Houndstooth shield on this pattern.
View attachment 810851

When the production schedule was released, I was anxious to see what the spear shield would look like. I saw this one in the production pics and thought, “that just looks like a hound’s tooth.” Not sure if there was another design they had in mind, or if this was the spear shield all along. It does have the appearance of a long spear or lance blade. I had envisioned something along the lines of an elongated Northwoods badge.

I was curious about what shield they would use as the "spear" shield, reminds me a bit of the star trek logo, not that that is a bad thing.
22e44ea423107c758e9f2c82341cfe61.jpg

My Yankee whittler in cocobolo came yesterday but I cannot open it because it's a gift.

Back