#78 American Jack

Ok, i managed to get one stag 78 single blade!

I also had the surreal experience yestarday of looking at pix of stag 78's on a nice website, and literally seeing them get marked "out of stock" and then disappear before my eyes, it was horrible and exciting. I missed a chance on a few beauties, but got a good one in the end.

In my opinion, the single blade 78 is the classiest, sexiest slip joint GEC has made yet.

Ok, i managed to get one stag 78 single blade!

I also had the surreal experience yestarday of looking at pix of stag 78's on a nice website, and literally seeing them get marked "out of stock" and then disappear before my eyes, it was horrible and exciting. I missed a chance on a few beauties, but got a good one in the end.

In my opinion, the single blade 78 is the classiest, sexiest slip joint GEC has made yet.

I'm one of the guys who made them disappear fast yesterday on that site. I'm glad you could get one, congrats! I was just in the right place at the right time. I'm super excited to receive mine.

E Elgatodeacero ,

Sorry, but I snagged one yesterday as well. They were just flying off the shelf. I am not even sure what I bought, because the photo of my knife disappeared after I bought it. Do these two sites allow you to safely check out or can knives be taken out of your cart?

Anyway, glad you got one!

Hey folks, Let's nix the sales chatter please! Thanks!

There are soooo many great covers in this release and I seem to get caught up in whatever was released last. The elderberry was my first of the 78's and it truly is a great cover.
The "Winterbottom" covers provide a nice grip with some girth to them. The color is beautiful in my eye as well.

iuL4XU.jpg

vampF8.jpg

There are soooo many great covers in this release and I seem to get caught up in whatever was released last. The elderberry was my first of the 78's and it truly is a great cover.
The "Winterbottom" covers provide a nice grip with some girth to them. The color is beautiful in my eye as well.

iuL4XU.jpg

vampF8.jpg
Wow Paul that is nice !!!

Because of the size and variation of this run of 78s, It would be great if someone will post a family picture. They might need a wide angle lens.

Because of the size and variation of this run of 78s, It would be great if someone will post a family picture. They might need a wide angle lens.
I’ve got 3 more on the way and so I think I’ll be around 8ish total so I’ll post when there all here :thumbsup:

I came up short snagging all of the 78 singles that I wanted, possibly because I wanted too many to begin with... it is crazy how 3 out of 14 somehow still doesn't seem like enough. I'm going to keep a lookout for some Micarta, a Stag, an Appaloosa and a Blue Bone, but in the meantime I just needed to see them all lined up. This has been a tremendous run, each will no doubt be heirlooms in my family.
c4LJnRq.jpg
Photoshoped this one together, Id love to see a real complete collection photo though.

Photoshoped this one together, Id love to see a real complete collection photo though.

Sick photoshop skills! I have a few inbound, once I receive them all I can do a group photo of the single blade models. My Ebony & Tortoise Shell should be waiting for me when I get home.

They were made in both Ironwood (propeller shield) & Cocobolo (hot dog shield). The Ironwood model was an SFO that sold out quickly.

Last edited:
My two multi-blade #78s in sambar stag came in today; I got one each in groovy and popcorn stag. These are both examples of well matched covers.

SGM82Dy.jpg

2DEbn52.jpg

Here they both are with their older cousin, the clip blade model from 2014 in primitive bone.

EHnTkZK.jpg

Last edited:
Back