#78 American Jack

With a screen name like blanco112 blanco112 you HAD to get a white one. ;)

Very nice set there black mamba black mamba ! :thumbsup: If you get the chance, I’d be interested in seeing the overall shape from a top view, like a spine shot.

Too late for more pics now, mb>, but I'll get some up tomorrow. The stags are a little thick, but had so much character I jumped anyway.

Too late for more pics now, mb>, but I'll get some up tomorrow. The stags are a little thick, but had so much character I jumped anyway.

If you don’t already have some shots don’t worry about it brother. Was just curious. They look great.

Looks like My Ebony Single Blade should be here tomorrow I picked up from one of the best Dealers Around period ! :D
Mike @ CK Knives

TheFactor, please share the origin of that 78 sized pocket slip. Very cool.

I think the ironwood 78 simgle blade may be the most attractive model. I cannot decide.

My ebony 78 arrived today and it is what you expect from GEC in the fit and finish department. The only thing I noticed was the back spring is proud at the half stop. A beautiful knife. I need to get the camera out and get some photos of it so I can post them.

I think the ironwood 78 simgle blade may be the most attractive model. I cannot decide.
I think the ironwood edges out the cocobolo, which I have. The scratted bone is really cool. The white bone that @paulhilborn was posting at the beginning of the month is really striking. Natural micarta is a standout. And we have yet to see much of the stag covered version. You really can't go wrong...they're all gorgeous.

Don't want to speak for theFactor but that looks like the Hitch and Timber Proper Slip. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually there were 3, only 5 of the red bone are out there so that will make it pretty difficult to get an example of every 78 in this run.

View attachment 830958
I keep coming back to your posting to see your red one because it really intrigues me my friend . Do you have any idea of how many of the Jigged Bones and Cocobolo ones were made ?? They are both very nice looking as Bareheads .

Harry

Here's one that was posted earlier in the thread. I believe it is a stock photo from GEC.

View attachment 831600
Here’s a single hold you over :) I just took and came out good I think .
7wnhqNJ.jpg

I just picked up a wallet from the same folks and love it, took me a while to swallow the price at first, but they are all hand made to order in the USA so that helped push things along. This is the first time in 35 years that I've ever carried anything other than a wad of cards and cash loose and highly recommend them as I now always have a backup and a pen along with my cards and cash. I carry my little ALOX in it everyday and another traditional in my watch pocket, but I figured I take a picture of it with the 78 inside to keep things relevant.
iYKL29B.jpg

I just picked up a wallet from the same folks and love it, took me a while to swallow the price at first, but they are all hand made to order in the USA so that helped push things along. This is the first time in 35 years that I've ever carried anything other than a wad of cards and cash loose and highly recommend them as I now always have a backup and a pen along with my cards and cash. I carry my little ALOX in it everyday and another traditional in my watch pocket, but I figured I take a picture of it with the 78 inside to keep things relevant.
iYKL29B.jpg
That’s a nice one and one of my favorites . I’ve got a few Hitch&Timber sleeves and love them . They scream Quailty plus I enjoy the feel of leather and also knowing it’s protecting my pride’s’ and joys lol .

This thread is the most tempting of all to get me to break my resolution not to buy any knives for myself this year. Must hold out. . .

It is a good thing I don't have the opportunity to get one in hand, given what everyone is saying about the fit and finish, the snap, and feel, etc. Pictures have some distance to keep me from pulling the trigger and breaking my word :-D

Incase you missed a earlier post answering your question by rswanson it’s a Hitch & Timber .
Didn’t want you to think I missed or ignored your question :)

Squidman and Don Baker, thanks so much for the heads-up this morning. I checked the sites early, given up hope and moved on when you guys posted. I have a Tortoise shell and a single blade stag inbound now. Never would of happened without your help, thank you so much.

Z

Last edited:
I love my new 78! The red micarta is awesome!

FB0AFCC4-5807-417C-8C9A-EB489E2765EE_zpsigathjlp.jpg

This is the variant that really interests me. Of course, they're long gone and out of reach here in Europe...but that shield, the Red Micarta and trimmings make for a fabulous knife. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, the other choices are fine knives too, but not like this one....:cool:

Regards, Will

This is the variant that really interests me. Of course, they're long gone and out of reach here in Europe...but that shield, the Red Micarta and trimmings make for a fabulous knife. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, the other choices are fine knives too, but not like this one....:cool:

Regards, Will
Couldn’t agree more :)
From all of the ones I acquired it’s my favorite. Although mine hasn’t been out of the tube except for the first day I received it for inspection lol .
A Ebony and a couple of Stags on the way but have a feeling she will remain queen :D

I love them all so far, but the smooth white bone has had the most pocket time. Something about that knife just make me happy. :)
I like the smooth white a lot to and think it’s the most classy and rich looking . Great fondler lol has a nice feel in hand :thumbsup:

Back