1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 Wallstreet on the horizon, who's excited

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by nyrico, Oct 9, 2018.

1. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    First off, searched and didn't find an existing thread like this so apologies if this is a duplicate. I have been on the look out for a GEC #99 pattern for some time. Every time I saw one available on the secondary market I was either a day late or a dollar short so when I saw the release announcement and pre-order I could not reserve quickly enough. Don't see too much on this pattern so I wanted to see who could share some pics and or opinions on this pattern as I patiently wait. Thank you

Mingecutter likes this.
  2. xbr10dr

xbr10dr Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2017
    The 99 Wall Street has been on my want list, I missed the pre order by minutes. I'm going to try the secondary market when they are released.

3. mugwump867

mugwump867 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2004
    I reserved one in chestnut and am anxious to check out stainless steel on a GEC. I've really been liking the stainless on my new Canal Street Cutlery Boy's Knife and can't wait to compare the two.

4. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Hand up! This’ll be the first time wall streets were made after my traditional knives rebirth. I’m very excited to see some stainless in the mix again as well.

5. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I am very interested in this knife. It ticks two boxes for me. A lockback and stainless.

Can anyone tell me what Springfield bone is? Colour, texture etc?

,,,Mike in Canada

6. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I didn't reserve one because I prefer the clip point version. For those who haven't handled a Wall St. 99 prepare to be amazed. It is IMO one of the finest user pocket knives out there IMG_5966-1024x728.JPG

7. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Its a sexy little knife

[​IMG]

8. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    #99 is my favorite pattern. I have several.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That has to be one of the hottest knives I've ever seen. Especially the "smooth autumn bone?". I say WOW every time I see em. One of these days.... :cool:

PaulS. likes this.
  10. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Thanks, Dwight I have to credit @joeradza with turning me on to this pattern. I love the smooth autumn gold too!

Fodderwing likes this.
  11. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    The seductive siren of the south... Ninja "enabler" :D

Old Engineer and dispatch184 like this.
  12. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    How’s the blade play on these? I know GEC Lockbacks can be blade rockers.

13. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    I know you'll hear otherwise but I've had three 99s and other GEC lockbacks with zero blade play. ZERO.

14. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    So excited! I preordered a chestnut 99 to give my daughter for Christmas. Should give her a nice option in between her SAK and Opinel, and I'm hoping she'll like it. :)

15. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Never had a single lock blade GEC with that problem. Every one of em has been vault-door solid.

Stropping Young Lad likes this.
  16. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I've never understood this. Missed "the" pre-order, as though there is just one system/retailer. I know we're not supposed to talk about the buying process, so I'm really not trying to open that discussion, but a good (rhetorical) question may be: why is going to the secondary market the ONLY other option if you've missed one single retailer?

On the the knives, I've only owned one of these #99s. I have long been on the lookout for an ebony clip, but, man, are they scarce! @joeradza, you have a real gem there. And a nice pic, too! :thumbsup:

17. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    One my earliest GEC's was a 99 with clip point blade in smooth autumn bone. It is slim and has good blade lock-up. Its one of my user GEC's.

18. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    From the days of before pre-ordering

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Old Engineer, jwb01 and 7 others like this.
  19. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks. Those were the days when you'd go to a website and decide which one you wanted. It was my first GEC.

20. xbr10dr

xbr10dr Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Well, l'm new to this pre order process, so I'm learning as I go. Not being able to discuss makes the learning process longer.

willc and PaulS. like this.