1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

99 Wallstreet on the horizon, who's excited

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by nyrico, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I wish I could have gotten an elk version, and a chestnut for that matter. GEC does stag like no other. This has become one of my favorites as well and I'm pretty happy to be able to carry it during the summer :thumbsup:

Travman likes this.
  2. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Sorry that was your Christmas surprise. I would think that GEC would be able to help.

3. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Gave my kiddo her Wall Street for Christmas, and she loves it. :)

Shock_ and JohnDF like this.
  4. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    So I have been carrying my 99 in American Elk for less than a couple of weeks now. I keep it in a GEC pocket slip in my pants pocket. I took it out this morning and I noticed what looks like a small pepper spot on the top swedge. I have seen that before on an SFO 92 and it surprised me at the time. My first lesson in the care of a non stainless steel knife. I am now more careful to wipe down my blades after use and to treat all my non stainless knives with some mineral oil when stored.

Now the 99 is supposed to be stainless so I have just been carrying it as is. Does it make sense that I would get a pepper spot so easily? Is it something else?

Still love the knife but surprised at the "spot". I have had Case or Victorinox in my pockets for years without any rust issues. This is not 1095.

,,,Mike in Canada

5. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Maybe the belt used to polish or grind it had been used on carbon steel first and some got embedded in your stainless blade?