99 Wallstreet on the horizon, who's excited

JTB, I totally agree with your assessment. To tell the truth I jumped on the early reserve because it was my first chance at an acorn. I was sort of lukewarm to the aesthetics of this knife but I reserved one anyway. I have to say I like it more than I thought and the wharnie is growing on me. This is also one of the sharpest GEC's I've come across out of the tube.

I have a conundrum when it comes to multiblades vs single. I actually like the extra thickness from multi blades but am bothered by hotspots that the other blades create when holding it. On the other hand I like that there are no hotspots holding a single bladed knife but for the most part, are too thin for my hands. I like more to grab onto I guess. But, the 99 is the first pattern where I'm not bothered by the thinness. It's a good fit for me and I think that's why I'm going to keep it.

I held on to the one I had for a couple of days, but it wasn't making me want to kick out any of the existing collection, and since I'm still behind on some medical bills I ended up selling it. The thinness is helped by the depth of the handle, and the extra length didn't give me a hot spot with that large square butt like the 44 did. It is a fine knife, and an acorn, too!

I'm actually thinking about picking up a Moki fish owl to compare to GEC's fit and finish, but I won't elaborate here, since this is a different topic.

Question for the educated: On the 440C Patterns like the 99 is the backspring stainless too? Framelocks don’t really have a spring anyways. So why not right? Could be either. Just wondering.

Snagged 2 elk from the DLT drop and I can’t believe it!
All the elk were gone when I got there about 2 minutes after the drop! I snagged a Springfield bone, which was my first choice anyway, along with a Beavertail 85. It was a good day.

Well my #99 Elk-a-Roonie has arrived :D
Couldn’t be happier and a Big Thank you to Barry@Gunstock Jacks :thumbsup: who has never let me down and this one is a prime example . It might even be German because it’s goodntight :p
Anyway beautiful Elk and my first one if I may add . Blade is centered and feels great in hand . Just might have to carry this one tomorrow :)
xCFywOf.jpg

Kxv6YWi.jpg

All ready for tomorrow’s carry :thumbsup:
7e3nvJE.jpg

Well my #99 Elk-a-Roonie has arrived :D
Couldn’t be happier and a Big Thank you to Barry@Gunstock Jacks :thumbsup: who has never let me down and this one is a prime example . It might even be German because it’s goodntight :p
Anyway beautiful Elk and my first one if I may add . Blade is centered and feels great in hand . Just might have to carry this one tomorrow :)
xCFywOf.jpg

Kxv6YWi.jpg

All ready for tomorrow’s carry :thumbsup:
7e3nvJE.jpg

That roonie was worth the wait! I thought my example was nice, but some of these are really show stoppers.

Pretty happy with mine. I don't know if @knifeswapper picked out a good one for me on purpose or if I was the beneficiary of blind luck, but no blade play that I notice, no scuffed bolsters and the stag looks pretty nice and well matched.

knifeswapper really cheated you, yours seems to be missing something on the blade!;) :rolleyes:

I was gone for a few days while my elk 99 sat in the mailbox. After a couple disappointing experiences with GEC products recently, I had my guard up on this blindly purchased elk. However, it's just perfect. The slabs on mine get very thin, but that keeps the weight down and feels sleek in hand. It's a looker that went immediately into the pocket. Very pleased with my first elk knife.

IMG_20181118_132703_018-1289x1289.jpg

Back