A big Fat load of corporate BS

[There was a guy on here once that admitted he cut himself with his knife while handling bananas for a customer in a grocery store]
If that isn't pure comedy gold ! I know it's true, no writer could come up with such a schtick. Reality wins over fiction anytime. Now I need a banana knife, ASAP.

Make sure it has "powerful steel".

Last time I was asked for mine was around 1987 or 1988.
Job was managing a convenience store and working the register.
I got the job.
Asking to see your knife or if you carry a knife is a bit of a loaded interview question these days fraught with issues.

I'd say it largley depends on place where you work, I used Recon Tanto daily while I was construction worker, no issues whatsoever. Majority of us all had our knives. Moras were majority tho.
However, using Recon Tanto while working at a store, warehouse or the worst case scenario in the office, would be a really dumb idea.

Today I carry Drop Forged Hunter as EDC knife, and I avoid using it at work honestly, it's really useful for lots of tasks, but I still rather prefer the company providing me with work materials.
old inside joke thread on tantos from this thread......

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tanto-blades-suck-with-example.1480093/

When I worked at Lowe's for a while back in college they wouldn't let employees carry a knife, so I carried a small set of electrician's scissors in a leather slip case. :p

The counter argument would be "well, businesses shouldn't hire idiots". Who will fill the large amount of low wage jobs our society requires?
The same college grads with an Arts degree that are doing those jobs now?

Yeah, I suppose the argument could be made that they are idiots as well ...
Why go for a degree that there is no job market for? That's as dumb as getting one in a field that is over-saturated, or thinking that because they have a Business Management degree their first job should be CEO of a top 500 corporation, even though they have no experience ...

(If they want to be CEO, fine. Let them start their own business.)

Last edited:
Oh for Scagel's sakes.

Just as this place is Sparks "house" and it's his rules, if you work for someone, it's their place, their rules.

I wanna wear sweats to work. Guess what. Can't.

The same college grads with an Arts degree that are doing those jobs now?

Yeah, I suppose the argument could be made that they are idiots as well ...
Why go for a degree that there is no job market for? That's as dumb as getting one in a field that is over-saturated, or thinking that because they have a Business Management degree their first job should be CEO of a top 500 corporation, even though they have no experience ...

(If they want to be CEO, fine. Let them start their own business.)
Um.... okay?

Last edited:
lawyer industry wouldnt exist if there wasnt a line of people hiring them to chase money down.

There are tons of fun lawyering jobs that don't involve spurious litigation by morally bankrupt plaintiffs' attorneys.

Does it ? I mean, are idiots needed ?

Unemployment is at 3.5%, so if you're offering minimum wage and no benefits, you're gonna end up with some idiots.

My employer would have to pay me quite a bit to convince me to use one of my knives for company work.
This is along the lines of how I always was, even though hand tools were always the responsibility of individual employees anyway. It took me a while to get used to the idea of using my pocket knives as opposed to a razor utility knife, but when I started to consider just how much valid usage I was missing out on, I warmed up to it real quick. Now I can stop and look up at all the projects my knife helped build instead of simply having a several hundred dollar letter opener in pocket in case I need to cut a loose string off my sleeve.

Well, if it means anything to you, guidance counselors, teachers and even my parents have tried to get knives out of my pockets, my boots, my girl friend's purse and away from the arresting officer. Fixed them, I'm 70 years old now and it takes two drawers to store my knives--which now, when sold, could have bought my dad's first car.

Men should have knives. They should pass these down to your sons, and yes, your daughters. An edged device was man's first tool, and that will probably remain until we meet aliens in space.

Honestly, a box cutter is the best tool available for opening boxes and similar work.

My employer would have to pay me quite a bit to convince me to use one of my knives for company work.

^ :thumbsup: that sums it up pretty darn well. perfectly said there, Sir.

Back