A prototype from MarcinS

gooeytek

Gold Member
From the creator of the Techno, the SpydeChef:
DSC_3934.jpg

Titanium framelock by Marcin Slysz, RWL-34 bladesteel. Picture credit goes to PiterM.

I hope it's ok to post this here, the origin of this and other pics is a thread on the USN by PiterM.

That's great looking. Any word on when they are coming out? Do you know if the production ones will use RWL-34?

I don't know any of the details other than that the prototype has been sent to Spyderco. I really like the design, and I think RWL-34 will be great for a variety of kitchen duties.

It's not personally my favorite blade shape, but it looks interesting. Reminds me of the Spyderco Rock Lobster.

It kinda looks like a Rocker Lobster and a Kershaw Tilt had a baby. It looks well-suited to kitchen duty.

It is a slick looking knife and if it was made with a thin blade it could make a fine slicing tool. I imagine I could whip through some hot chilis with it.

Hmm..I don't know if I like that blade shape. It needs more of a point. I bet that'd make a great edc though. Being aimed towards a chefs knife I'd assume its got a real thin blade with a very thin grind. That thing is gonna be a slicing machine.

Hmm..I don't know if I like that blade shape. It needs more of a point. I bet that'd make a great edc though. Being aimed towards a chefs knife I'd assume its got a real thin blade with a very thin grind. That thing is gonna be a slicing machine.

I don't really stab things though. I find myself cutting far more often. It's almost like a wharncliffe with a belly.

There was a thread recently on here about people wanting Spyderco to try CPM154. This may be that opportunity.... considering it's nearly the same thing as RWL-34 AFAIK.

I think it looks great, though I still haven't bought a Techno and I would want to do that first.

I would get this one. I'm not a huge fan of the Techno because it doesn't fit my hand too well but this looks good.

Marcin Slysz likely used RWL-34 for the prototype as that's one of the more popular stainless knifesteels available in his part of the world. I'm only speculating, but if this goes into production it will probably be produced at the Taichung location and the models coming out of there bring with them a great selection of steels. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with a steel from Carpenter.

Back