A prototype from MarcinS

I love it!!! I love everything about it. Please make it spyderco, don't change the blade shape.

I think it looks great, I'm in. Hopefully it is made in Taiwan as the Spydercos from there have fantastic fit and finish.

It certainly is beautiful... but, I don't see the point in having a kitchen folding knife. Kitchen knives are super thin, which negates their usefulness in edc for me; and in the kitchen I've never though "gee, I really wish this knife folded in half."

Am I missing something, or am I just in the minority?

^^^
Don't look at it as a kitchen folding knife as its dubbed early in the proto stage. Judging by the pics on USN and the one pic here, I think that It'll make for a damn good edc knife, fit for any other purpose/function. Definitely has that "look" like other Marcin designs. Looks to be the right size that I prefer also.

This has win written all over it, count me in for one. Give it the :thumbup: Sal!

Last edited:
I really like the techno but its just too small for me but this looks awesome. Would sort of fix my problem of not having a rock lobster.

Bump...

Anyone else want to talk about how great this knife would be if it makes it to production? :D

Judging from the pics, I think its a winning design and I gotta have it.

DSC_3945.jpgDSC_3966.jpgDSC_3982.jpgDSC_4006.jpgDSC_4012-Edit.jpg

Pics thanks to PiterM

Surely, It would make for an excellent edc knife capable of anything. Don't let the name fool you.

I see the slight Rock Lobster parallels that some have said, but its a different knife.

Last edited:
I like it, but it will depend on the price whether I get it. The Domino is a go pretty much no matter what, this one is a go if the price is not too much.

Darn. That is pretty sweet. With that blade shape I could definitely see it doing some great rocking as a food prep knife.

Three pages of "wow's" should account for something! I'm excited about this more than any other proto actually.

I'm literally speechless. . . wow!

However, if I am going to be totally honest, I want just a tad more (1/16") more TIP/POINT (IMHO/YMMV).

That littlest of changes I think would go a long way for it to be a genuine all-'rounder

I'm digging the blade shape. I do far more slicing cuts than piercing, and this looks great for food preparation. I, too, thought that it looked a bit like the Rock Lobster - so now I've got the B-52s song stuck in my head.

I like it. I wish the tip was a little pointier, think Tim Galyean Turbulence.

Hit the proverbial nail on the head there! They are indeed very similar.

Yep, I actually fell in love with that design except for flipper sort of "interrupting" the cutting edge surface.

ks1790kershawturbulence.jpg

MarcinS design though is superbly executed down to the "thumb slope" area near the pivot for a detailed cutting grip. If it ever does get into production, I hope that design detail is preserved.

attachment.php

It needs to retain that bellying though if its to have an advantage as a food processor, given its name it should have an advantage in that regard. Tapering the tip down a little taste would be good.

Back