A Request to Buck Knives from a buyer of Buck Knives

I have stated several times on different threads that I am a big fan of the 110. I have several 110's in my collection and it will grow over the next few years.

I have a simple request to a Company that as a buyer of their products I support.

I request that Buck Knives give the option on their customs page of their website, a drop point blade option for the 110 as a choice in both S30V and 420HC to buyers of Buck products.

I request all members of this forum to leave a positive response requesting Buck knives add a drop point blade as an option to their website for the 110.

This is one of those things that is a win, win for both Buck and Buck knife buyers.

Buck has offered that option to BCCI members several times and its been well recieved. As a Custom Shop offering this may be well recieved too. DM

Absolutely! I'm a big fan of this blade and would need another job if it was an option in the custom shop.

I've have not, as of yet, bought a Buck Custom, but I would buy a custom 110 with a drop-point blade. OH

If Buck adds a drop point to the custom blade line up, I'd wish for one with a profile like the one used in this Alaskan Statehood Commemorative knife. I've never warmed up to the blade shape that's been offered on the BCCI models.

AlaskanStatehooda.jpg

AlaskanStatehoodb.jpg

I just find the one above to be more pleasing to the eye than the currently used DP.

PaperstoneClub110a.jpg

Yeah, I got enough broken clip blade tips-drop point would be spectacular.

With a nail nick please.

I'd be buying some of them as fast as they got out on the shelves,love the drop point on my 110 tactical.

I'd love to see that too and while they're at it, might as well put the 112 up there with the same options too.

I'd rather they just reevaluated their quality control so the one I did have didn't have to be sent back for repairs after 1 month..

A 1095 carbon steel blade would be my choice, plain and simple like the charm of the original knife!

I would buy one as well. Probably in 420HC but a 1095 would be interesting as well.

Samon, I don't think Buck ever used carbon steel in the 110. It was introduced with 440C, iiuc.

Plumbrdv, agree 100% on the shape of the Alaskan Guide. That's a much more pleasing blade to look at. Thanks for posting those pics again.

pinnah,

You hit the nail on the head man. If Buck produced that Ecolite 112 with that blade shape, even though I'm completely broke, I'd buy one right now. As much as I like the 110, I'd probably carry it more if it had the drop point vs. the clip point blade. If they felt the need to rename them, they could always call the drop point 110 the Folding Utility. The 112 could stay the Ranger, it would just be the Drop Point Ranger.

There you go Buck, the hard part has been done for you. All you have to do is make them now.:D

Back