A Smoke Request for Myself

Hey Guys!

Sorry I've been off for a couple weeks. I was on that trip to Eastern Europe and Turkey. What a time! I'll have to tell you all about it soon when I'm in more of a mood.

But now for some bad news...

For about a year, I've thought that my tailbone is broken. I had a surgery on it, then hurt it pretty bad, and it hurt ever since. All the symptoms fit, and the docs said to wait. Today I went in to get and MRI to see the extent of the damage. What should have been a 10 minute visit turned into hours.

Turns out I don't have a broken tailbone.

Instead, I have a rather large tumor behind my coxxyx.

It looks like it is cancer, and that it has spread into the bone in my pelvis and several vertebrae.

I get a core biopsy on Monday, and we'll then figure out what it is and how it can be treated. It will surely be a really long, hard road. Probably some big surgeries. Almost certainly a very hard, agressive round of Chemo and Radiation. I have complete confidence, if not certainty that I'll beat this, but it will be a very hard road. I would really appreciate a little smoke and prayers.

My name is Chris. I'm an 18 year-old college freshman. I have always gotten very good grades, I go to a very good college, and I was really hoping to do both political science and pre-medicine. I say this all to provide a little background for those of you who don't know me all that well. After all, I've been a little scarcer lately than I would like :eek: .

As far as I can remember, I've never asked for smoke for myself before. But I guess I sort of see this as the big one. It'll be hard, and if ever I'll need some smoke on my behalf, it will be now.

I'll keep you updated as much as I possibly can, and stop by as frequently as I'm able. I'll let you know on Monday exactly what my opponent is and how we plan to beat it. This place has helped a great many of us through hard stuff. You can bet I'll be sticking around. No place like the Cantina, and no people like us.

Thanks, guys.

Chris

Stick around, alright. You are young and tough, and have the best chance to weather this. Let's see what the biopsy says.

You're a good guy, Nam, and we'll pull for you in every way we can. My email is listed.

munk

Good God, Chirs. That's a bummer. 100% smoke and prayers for you. I was were you are not too long ago...college and starting an adult life, i mean. Please keep us posted. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. You'rea great guy that brings a lot to the forum. We take care of our own and you are one of our own.
If you ever need ANYTHING, give me a shout. I'll be more than happy to do what I can.

Jake

Strong support & postive thoughts from an old bastid on the other side of the world Chris!!!

Fingers crossed for Mondays prognosis.

Regards, Brent.

Chris not only will we send Smoke for you I will also tell several Pipe Carriers and all of our Pipes will be held for you.

Smoke and prayers Chris. Do keep us posted. We're in it with you for the long haul if that's what it takes.

Damn Chris.:( Smoke and prayers daily til you beat this stuff. I can't imagine how low you must feel at this point. Fight the good fight and remember that we're here for you.

Steve

Chris,

Stay with this thing, not ahead of it. The problem and the remedy can be alot of things; don't burden yourself worrying about all of the negative possibilities. Good luck, here is hoping that you ace your test, and that this turns out to be much less then you imagine it to be.

n2s

Chris thats a tough one alright . With all we can do these daysand the great attitude you have the outlook seems pretty good to me . Don,t tell us about your trip until you are ready . You should tell us though as its a way of keeping things everyday and a way of reminding us all that life can be pretty good despite the hardships that get thrown our way sometimes . Think positive thoughts and we,ll keep thinking of you ,

Jeez, Chris.

Jeez.

Ask. If it can be done, it will be.

Be well and safe, please.

Smoke and Song Chris...keep in touch as best as you can and let us know what's needed!

Damn thats awful bro. Smoke from Atlanta, like Steve said, daily. I'm going straight away to hug the girls here. Hey like everyone said, whatever you need. E-mail is listed, use it. We'll light a candle for you bro. What kind of facilities are there up in Iowa?

Prayers for you for sure..........please do keep us posted and let us know if there is anything else we can do. Where at in Iowa are you? Take care!!:(

Smoke and prayers! Attitude counts for as much as any of the other treatments you will be dealing with-keep yours positive and keep in touch.
God bless.

john k

Thanks, guys. This is the greatest group of people around. Thanks. :) . In the meantime, I think I'm going to go chop some stuff with an 18" WWII and watch some movies. Nothing settles my nerves better!

I was joking with my family that I just need a printout of the MRI so I can take it to the shooting range and blow the hell out of it with my friend's M1 Garande. That would feel good! :D

Chris

Back