Photos A Walk in Nature

That’s funny, she new you had a pet turtle and married you anyway, good woman!😄
She’s great. I knew she was a keeper when the turtle didn’t scare her away. 😀

I was on “a walk in nature” a few months ago and found this next to a creek. I didn’t realize until I picked it up it was just a shell. Now it lives on a shelf in our house.

T1kzkc4.jpg

Do cows count as nature?
XMTQZza.jpg

I have a little 🐢 story too :D

While studying nursing in Cleburne Texas about 24 years ago I found out that the local pet store would buy red eared slider turtles ( they had to be under a certain size for some reason )
We were newlyweds and finances were tight lol ( and I did not know any better ) . So I caught a few, maybe 5 or 6 at a pond and they payed me $5 dollars for each.
I found out later that they were selling them for $ 25 :eek:.
I so dislike "turtle flippers" to this day :mad::D
And I always thought “turtle flipping” was putting them on their back and watching them right themselves. Man that was a bad joke!😄
She’s great. I knew she was a keeper when the turtle didn’t scare her away. 😀

I was on “a walk in nature” a few months ago and found this next to a creek. I didn’t realize until I picked it up it was just a shell. Now it lives on a shelf in our house.

T1kzkc4.jpg

Do cows count as nature?
XMTQZza.jpg
I think that’s a pretty rare find, can you imagine how old that guys was.🐢👍

lol 😁

A few years ago we came upon a turtle with my kids while bicycling and made this silly video.
( recognize those gloves folks ? :p )

Knife content: Those were the sad days in my life before I discovered Traditional knives 😁
That’s so funny! Sounds like Weird Al Yankovic! Some great editing there as well!👍

Cool thread, Dan!:thumbsup:I'm enjoying everyone's contributions.

My son has a pet Herman's Tortoise. We promised him if he did good in school he could have one. End of the year, he did great, what could I do but get him one? The person at the pet store says, "he could live 50-100 years" o_O:oops:

Here's Linus at Hitchcock Nature Center in the Loess Hills near Crescent, IA, just as we got locked down- April 2020.

FS7fbrF.jpg

Cool thread, Dan!:thumbsup:I'm enjoying everyone's contributions.

My son has a pet Herman's Tortoise. We promised him if he did good in school he could have one. End of the year, he did great, what could I do but get him one? The person at the pet store says, "he could live 50-100 years" o_O:oops:

Here's Linus at Hitchcock Nature Center in the Loess Hills near Crescent, IA, just as we got locked down- April 2020.

FS7fbrF.jpg
Good for your son for doing well and good for you for following through! 👍😎 They make great pets.
Nice lambfoot, they look great with some patina!👍😉

Back