Agendas and such

Cobalt

Gold Member
Leapordprey obviously has a agenda against busse knives. He is originally Ranger288, who use to participate here. He apparently has some sort of agenda now aganst busse, there is no other way to explain the BS he is putting out. It would be nice to find out what personal issue it is that he has.

Oh well, too each his own.

I write this here, because I know all the untruths he is saying about the knives since I have owned much of the stuff he states performed better than Busses and I know for fact it does not compare. However, his agenda is hidden. The fact that he felt it necessary to restart a new thread in another forum shows everything.

He also calls into question whether any Busse knives were ever issued to the military then or now. He states that if this really happened, that he would have heard of it as it is not classified.

Well, I hope people believe his bs that way these knvies prices will go down:D

Another forum or another room here?

I would like to know please.

Howdy, I'm a longtime lurker/Busse fan (well, I'm a fan of my Mean Street anyways). I don't know who leopard is or what he's said, but you mentioned that he's questioned whether Busse's were ever military issued? Thats something I've been uncertain about. Are they "issued" as in commissioned by units as a part of their spending budget? I'm certain people do buy them for themselves, so what are those people's units issuing? I take it there isn't a "standard issue" like every other possession a soldier has on him? With over 150,000 troops in the sand right now its likely there are lots of Busse's running around with them, but you're saying they are commissioned and issued? I've never heard of an entire unit with Busse's, myself, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. What models are out there running around? Not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely curious as this issue comes up and is taken for granted as common knowledge; but its not really "common" as the only folks who speak of it with any certainty are here, ya know?

Chad Williams aka ranger288 and rangeratlarge used to post here frequently. Heck I even bought a knife from him way back when. As I recall it was an ARK he sold to someone else and they complained it was used when it arrived when he sold it to them as new or something. I snagged it from him and used it heavily. I am glad he didn't like it, I used the hell out of that thing and then passed it on to someone else. That's just more for the rest of us.

Not the worst 'Busse Bash' I've read, he seems to like other knives better. Oh well, more for me!

Somebody else here who will remain nameless acquired some Busse knives and in the past few months started to put them down with little shots here and there. Pretty soon, those little shots became bigger shots and it became obvious that he also had some unknown agenda.

Tired of him being whiney, I PM'ed and e-mailed him asking for a list of the Busses he had and the asking price for each so he could unload his poor choice of blades. Funny enough, he never got back to me. :rolleyes:

Howdy, I'm a longtime lurker/Busse fan (well, I'm a fan of my Mean Street anyways). I don't know who leopard is or what he's said, but you mentioned that he's questioned whether Busse's were ever military issued? Thats something I've been uncertain about. Are they "issued" as in commissioned by units as a part of their spending budget? I'm certain people do buy them for themselves, so what are those people's units issuing? I take it there isn't a "standard issue" like every other possession a soldier has on him? With over 150,000 troops in the sand right now its likely there are lots of Busse's running around with them, but you're saying they are commissioned and issued? I've never heard of an entire unit with Busse's, myself, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. What models are out there running around? Not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely curious as this issue comes up and is taken for granted as common knowledge; but its not really "common" as the only folks who speak of it with any certainty are here, ya know?

I think when it comes to the military stuff, it is the vocabulary that trips us up. Never having served or been privy to the difference in lingo puts folks like me at a disadvantage. I believe, without having an official knowledge, specific units approach the company and say we want to buy X knives of Y model (or they may even enter into a cooperative design effort for all we know) and then the probably specify blade finish and handle materials etc. I don't know if that is considered issuing or a private contract, I would lean toward private contract. Issuing to me infers that it is an across the board thing done in large numbers, but again I have no official knowledge and these are just guesses. Jerry will not tell you who he has done what for, don't bother to ask. Many have including myself and he is tight lipped. I could personally care less if a knife is being used by, issued to or purchased by any military unit as far as my collection is concerned. Yeah I like the mil. over runs, but more for their designs, color combos and handle materials. I love the sage crinkle and tan or black canvas combo particularly.

Oh yes, welcome aboard. :D

With the way this thread started off, I was curious enough to read some of it. It is NOT my intent to pick a fight with any of the Busse Brigade, or with Cobalt himself. I'd never pick on anyone with such a gorgeous avatar as Cobalt has! :D

But I read what Leopardprey posted in the thread linked above, then I went back and I read it again, even more slowly. Sorry, guys, but I just don't smell an "agenda" there. It seems to me like he's just stating what he's found to work well for him and others that he's been around and worked with. Maybe some other posts of his have given the idea he has an agenda, but it didn't hit me in the face from the one post I just read.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do get a sense of a certain clannishness among those of you who collect and love Busse knives. Could it be that you're being a little too sensitive to what you perceive as criticism of your favorite blades? Hey, we all have our favorites, and that's a good thing, too. Some of us like machetes, some Moras, and some of us are Swiss Army Knife addicts. I lean toward simple, inexpensive cutlery that does the job for me without necessarily looking impressive to anyone else. I once owned some Randalls, even one-of-a-kind non-catalog items, and I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and free love combined. But I sold them and moved in other directions as my life and my tastes changed. I'm not trying to defend or to pick a fight with anybody here, but this all seems kind of odd to me.

With the way this thread started off, I was curious enough to read some of it. It is NOT my intent to pick a fight with any of the Busse Brigade, or with Cobalt himself. I'd never pick on anyone with such a gorgeous avatar as Cobalt has! :D

But I read what Leopardprey posted in the thread linked above, then I went back and I read it again, even more slowly. Sorry, guys, but I just don't smell an "agenda" there. It seems to me like he's just stating what he's found to work well for him and others that he's been around and worked with. Maybe some other posts of his have given the idea he has an agenda, but it didn't hit me in the face from the one post I just read.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do get a sense of a certain clannishness among those of you who collect and love Busse knives. Could it be that you're being a little too sensitive to what you perceive as criticism of your favorite blades? Hey, we all have our favorites, and that's a good thing, too. Some of us like machetes, some Moras, and some of us are Swiss Army Knife addicts. I lean toward simple, inexpensive cutlery that does the job for me without necessarily looking impressive to anyone else. I once owned some Randalls, even one-of-a-kind non-catalog items, and I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread and free love combined. But I sold them and moved in other directions as my life and my tastes changed. I'm not trying to defend or to pick a fight with anybody here, but this all seems kind of odd to me.

Ya I'm with you here. I won't go so far as to say the Busse fans are "clannish", but I can for sure say that it's only in the Busse forums that I see people jumping all over anyone who says Busse knives are less than perfect.

Everyone has an opinion. Whomever it was here that said "I'm glad her doesn't like them, more INFI for me" hit the nail on the head. Let him talk bad about Busse Knives. Ya'll continue to talk good, and the cosmos will be balanced.

I understand what you are saying. However, I would like to ask your opinion on something-- Leopardprey also states that he did not care for his Al Mar, and states that he sold that as well. Why do you think he spent so much time talking about what Busse couldn't do or wouldn't do very well and so little time talking about the Al Mar?

I understand what you are saying. However, I would like to ask your opinion on something-- Leopardprey also states that he did not care for his Al Mar, and states that he sold that as well. Why do you think he spent so much time talking about what Busse couldn't do or wouldn't do very well and so little time talking about the Al Mar?

Paranoid much?

The reactions from folks in the Busse forum to the slightest negative comment regarding anything Busse speaks volumes. I like my Busse knives. They are, however, just knives. Things about them could be improved, as with any other knives.

My previous suggestions that folks have a little perspective have generated the same withering attacks as suggesting any Busse is not a perfect knife. I remain optimistic, though. I hope you folks can, too.

Ya I'm with you here. I won't go so far as to say the Busse fans are "clannish", but I can for sure say that it's only in the Busse forums that I see people jumping all over anyone who says Busse knives are less than perfect.

Everyone has an opinion. Whomever it was here that said "I'm glad her doesn't like them, more INFI for me" hit the nail on the head. Let him talk bad about Busse Knives. Ya'll continue to talk good, and the cosmos will be balanced.

I don't think the agenda was as evident in that thread so much as it was in some of the other threads in other areas here. I didn't have the time to read through all of his posts on the forums though. But I don't think the thread linked to was as thick with agenda as others, that's the way I took it.

Good question, I have a SERE200 that I like. I rarely carry it now since I EDC a SMOG Warden, but it is still a good knife. I promised it to my brother when I was done with it.

b-square,

While your comments as well as Noshtero's and Dr. Mudd's are civil and make valid points, there has been, of late, a lot of bashing and name calling towards some of the people here that collect and use Busse Knives. There may be a little bit of a trigger finger reaction right now, but normally, most here will respond well to negative posts on Busse knives and their followers.

Statements like "Clannish", "Over Hyped", "Don't use them" will absolutely get people fired up and defensive. Human nature... Been seeing that too much lately. But I do appreciate the few that have remained civil without name calling and bashing, like yourself.

:)

Paranoid? No, really, THEY ARE OUT TO GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being overzealous in a discussion happens all the time. Which do you prefer: Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge?;)
Agree to dis-agree and just man-the-hell-up and get over ourselves (me included)

Bob Mills

Paranoid much?

The reactions from folks in the Busse forum to the slightest negative comment regarding anything Busse speaks volumes. I like my Busse knives. They are, however, just knives. Things about them could be improved, as with any other knives.

My previous suggestions that folks have a little perspective have generated the same withering attacks as suggesting any Busse is not a perfect knife. I remain optimistic, though. I hope you folks can, too.

Parnoid? no Do I trust everything someone says simply because I have no reason to distrust them? no Do you trust everything you read, see, or hear?

BTW, I am a big Busse fan (as your research into my posts has no doubt shown), but I am the first to say that I own other brands as well as many customs. I think by definition that would mean that I don't think Busse is the perfect knife. I don't think many others here think any knife is the perfect knife.

Now, can you please answer my question to Dr. Mudd?

For what my two cents are worth, I've been criticizing the way Jerry puts choils on even the smallest knives, and I've never gotten flamed for it by any of the hogs. So it seems to me that you can criticize Busse knives without getting heat for it. I think it's only when you start with insults like "over-hyped", "cultish", "unused collector's pieces" that things start to warm up and people get angry.

Back