Am I On The Right Track Buying These Expensive Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

:) as I've always said, the heart wants what the heart wants, you gotta follow your passion !
lucky for me, I'm quite limited on funds so, it's one at a time and usually one I already have needs go in order to fund the next :(
G2

and of course, people love getting packages in the mail ;)

Last edited:
What was your purpose in buying all of them within a short period of time?
This was a parody thread.

But, if you must know, when I retired from music I had an entire bedroom full of gear. You literally couldn’t move in there. Not bragging, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $30K. Wife wanted it gone…and so I sold it all. I’d always had a love of knives so here I am. I’ve still got plenty of chips to play with, because I’ve spent nowhere near that amount….maybe $4-6K.

Take a break (until a new one screams out to be purchased) and get into sharpening, if you haven’t already mastered putting a fine edge on those super steels you probably have.
Soon you’ll wonder whether you’ve overdone that as well.

No way!! My Wicked Edge WE130 is one of the best tools I've ever purchased! Perfect reprofiled/sharpened bevels every single time.

Subjective decision, buy what ever you like and doesn't take food out of your mouth.
You can buy some excellent functional knives that are USA made, or at least friendly countries, for under $100.
Beyond that it's just personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back