An open address, and my last post in this forum..( Or..How NOT to act on a forum )

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post in another thread today about my interactions with Kai Corp on this forum. The gentleman stated that:

It seems like whenever you're around here, drama gets stirred up. Maybe it's not intentional, but the only time you have something to say about ZT, It's only about how their knives with ELMAX perform. Coincidence?

Anyone who cares to take a look at my past post history concerning Kai Corp would see that the majority of my posts are either glaringly good, or neutral. I have very few posts in comparison which are negative in any way. top of that, even smaller of a % even mention ELMAX in any capacity. If you don't believe me then I encourage you to browse through ALL of my interactions in this forum. Sure, I've made my fair share of posts that aren't positive, but to say I have an axe to grind is ridiculous. I've encouraged people to buy ZT knives for the past 3 years, and I've many NUMEROUS positive reviews of ZT knives.

The reason I will no longer interact in this forum is because people only tend to remember negative posts. I am labeled as being fueled by drama because I make some negative posts. I encourage you to watch this video in its entirety to hear why I think that is. Point blank, the masses ONLY remember that bad - and almost seem to try to forget the good.

[video=youtube;kwiJak9F5aY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiJak9F5aY[/video]

My experiences with ZTs ELMAX are not in the minority. Many people have exhibited the exact same behavior ON VIDEO. Again, I repeat, ON VIDEO. Do they have an agenda as well? Surely 4 or 5 different videos showing the exact same mode of failure isn't a coincidence... Yes, there are tons of good reports, but that's all they are - reports. Anecdotal evidence with zero factual information to back it up. If you guys ONLY want to hear the good, albeit anecdotal, reports - then by all means have at it. The warm and fuzzies are easier to handle.

I think Kai Corp has actually been really patient with me and others, and they aren't the reason I'm making this thread for the record.

If you think I have only made negative posts you are dead wrong - and you are willingly being blind to reality. I post the good, along with the bad. These forums are meant for discussion, but true discussion can't happen here. Any time anything remotely negative is brought up (or shown) the thread immediately degenerates into an emotion filled hate fest that Kai Corp has no other choice than to shut down. It's sad that it has to be that way, but it's the truth.

To wrap this up, if you disagree with me then by all means disagree - but don't tell me that my videos are somehow wrong and that your non-evidence should be taken as truth. If anyone is willing to actually USE their knife on video to show how well it performs, then I will gladly approve your video as a video response to ANY "negative" video I've made about ZT.

I'm not about drama, gossip, "in" crowds or band wagons. I'm about truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to what I have seen of you and your videos, it is not the information that arouses drama, it is your attitude.

I do not like where this thread is going to go. It will obviously be centered around you. Is that what you wanted?

It is strange that you think you need to announce this at all. Just move on.
This thread is gonna suck... :(

Assuming this is Jdavis. I thought your video was an eye opener for sure. People in these sub forums get very defensive of "their brand". See it in all the forums here.

You see the same thing in the CRK forum over how they treat their s30v.

Truth is sometimes hard to swallow for some. For me, I still love my 801 and will continue to support KAI as there warranty is second to none and IMO they make very affordable high performance knives.

No bad feelings here.

You seem to have a seriously inflated sense of self importance. This thread was unnecessary.

you cliam too not start drama by starting drama interesting indeed!? the way i see it if you or anyone else is going then just sack up and be gone !!

People in these sub forums get very defensive of "their brand". See it in all the forums here.

You see the same thing in the CRK forum over how they treat their s30v.

You should see people defending INFI, CRK S30v, tri-ad lock, etc. KAI said a while back that they're looking into it. I'm cool with that, and I'm cool with your viewpoints too.

Saw your preliminary testing on the 0560CBCF S110V. Looks very promising.

Look. As hard as it is to admit, we all have some fanboy-ish tendencies. No one likes to hear negative comments about a company (or knife) that they support and enjoy. It's just the way it is, no one is impartial or neutral. This is just my opinion. When I hear "ELMAX sucks" the first thing that pops into my mind is "what an @$$hole bashing ZT" when really it should by "why does this guy think ELMAX sucks?". Sometimes I need to take a minute and push aside my fanboy half.

If you had a bad experience with ZT's ELMAX I don't care. mine has been just fine and I will continue to buy their product. I'm not saying your wrong or your lying, I'm just saying my knives from ZT have been great. I'm not going to say that kershaw or ZT has never sent out a defective knife, pretty much every company has at some point. The point is a very small fraction of a percent are.

What I'm trying to say is we all have an opinion and they're all different. So lets try and understand others opinions before we judge them. Even then, the goal shouldn't be to win, but for both party's to come away a little smarter.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Kirby

Im not sure I follow your point, you mention everyone is making assumptions about your point then your make the assumption that anyone who disagrees with you must only cut arm hair or telephone book paper. From my point of view, this is less about ZT and more about drama.

On a side note, I agree there is a bit of contention when someone disagrees with the general opinion in an constructive maner. Its a pity the point of your thread and video is lost amongst needless drama

Look. As hard as it is to admit, we all have some fanboy-ish tendencies. No one likes to hear negative comments about a company (or knife) that they support and enjoy. It's just the way it is, no one is impartial or neutral. This is just my opinion. When I hear "ELMAX sucks" the first thing that pops into my mind is "what an @$$hole bashing ZT" when really it should by "why does this guy think ELMAX sucks?". Sometimes I need to take a minute and push aside my fanboy half.

If you had a bad experience with ZT's ELMAX I don't care. mine has been just fine and I will continue to buy their product. I'm not saying your wrong or your lying, I'm just saying my knives from ZT have been great. I'm not going to say that kershaw or ZT has never sent out a defective knife, pretty much every company has at some point. The point is a very small fraction of a percent are.

What I'm trying to say is we all have an opinion and they're all different. So lets try and understand others opinions before we judge them. Even then, the goal shouldn't be to win, but for both party's to come away a little smarter.

Kirby

You are wise. Great post. :D

My experiences with ZTs ELMAX are not in the minority. Many people have exhibited the exact same behavior ON VIDEO. Again, I repeat, ON VIDEO. Do they have an agenda as well? Surely 4 or 5 different videos showing the exact same mode of failure isn't a coincidence... Yes, there are tons of good reports, but that's all they are - reports. Anecdotal evidence with zero factual information to back it up. If you guys ONLY want to hear the good, albeit anecdotal, reports - then by all means have at it. The warm and fuzzies are easier to handle.

Please share links to any videos by other people on this topic.

btw, in the comments on your youtube video, I noticed that people who didn't agree with you were getting their comments flagged as spam. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Kirby

^^^^This is a VERY good post, and I do agree^^^^

Not just ZT, I've been lucky I guess, I've never had a bad QC issue from any production company. I know it happens, if it were to happen to me I would take it up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back