ANNOUNCING - Fiddleback Forge Machete's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see these coming along! Was any decision finally made re sheaths? E.g., wood sheaths or other material, included or optional...?

How in the world did I miss this thread!?! :eek:

Looking forward to seeing some finished product! :thumbup:

I'm back and forth with the 12 or 14. Not being in the jungle I'm thinking more of a bush machette. Something for when you need a little more than a small fixed blade.
It looks like the 12 is a little thicker. So that might be my bitch

I'm back and forth with the 12 or 14. Not being in the jungle I'm thinking more of a bush machette. Something for when you need a little more than a small fixed blade.
It looks like the 12 is a little thicker. So that might be my bitch

I'm in the same boat. Currently, I'm leaning towards the 16 due to 40blades comments. however, the 12 and 14 look mighty awesome!

I still have no idea on sheaths.

Guys, I just ordered a VERY basic sheath for my 16" Fiddleback. It's actually an Ontario product (model 18B)and certainly will not be a perfect fit. However, the price was right -- about $12 including shipping. And, I wanted to get some basic protection for it ASAP. Should arrive later this week. Will keep you posted. FYI I found it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040I94M8/ref=oss_product).

I want a 12" but I am thinking an 18" too, might be worth the having. Never know.

Moose

Good call on those sheaths. I just ordered a 12. Maybe I will have sone leather made

So I have been doing some heavy browsing on Fiddlebacks forum and just realized the 12 inch model is built thicker. Will someone enlighten me on why it is the only one with a heavier stock?

I'm in the same boat. Currently, I'm leaning towards the 16 due to 40blades comments. however, the 12 and 14 look mighty awesome!

The 16" rocks. Do it! :D:thumbup:

So I have been doing some heavy browsing on Fiddlebacks forum and just realized the 12 inch model is built thicker. Will someone enlighten me on why it is the only one with a heavier stock?

To help compensate for its otherwise lowered chopping ability, methinks. ;):thumbup:

I'm really interested in a 14" machete. I tend to post a lot. I'm just sayin'. ;) :D

A 12 incher in burlap would do ok with my bushcraft, bushboot and KPH in burlap micarta. :)

Last edited:

I ordered these heavier because they still aren't too heavy in this thickness. The others would have been ungainly at 3mm thick.

Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete,Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete, Machete...

I'm just saying... Ski

These take a BIG piece of handle material, BTW guys, and I don't have any Burlap that has the size necessary. You've gotta start with a 6" long x 2.5" wide piece of material. A normal knife scale block is 1.5" x 5".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back