• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Another Bad Will Moon Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, so in Spetember 2017 I decided to give Will a try and commissioned a mk8 from Will. Yes I knew about his reputatio,yes it was a bad idea. This is just my experiance I wanted to let people know considering that some youtubers and podcasts people have been considering giving him the time of day. I did pay upfront with Goods/Services and will be filing a claim.

Got quoted delivery in January in a few email exchanges, and also discussed some custom finishes that he would take note of.

Well its May now and no knife, he has been producing his new Stormcrow knife in lieu of finishing an order placed almost 6 months ago. He had shot me a picture of my knife beginning of April, the grind was off and the finishes were wrong...I tell him this and he asks for more money to refinish the knife because I wanted last minute changes. I’m confused as we had talked through email about them before I placed the order, but anyways continues to pump out other knives.
I ask for a refund April 21st, he says that he will have the knife down in two days as there is only 30minutes worth of work to do on it...doesn’t happen.
I ask again for a refund again last week or the knife done before my 180 day paypal protection expires, he says that he’ll just refund me as blade is coming up and again quoting that I wanted last minute changes to the knife...again I had asked for the original finishes we discussed prior to ordering.
No communication or replies since and at every point of contact throught the 6 months I was the one who had to initiate contact.

He was polite to me but that’s it.

Further proof, like in my own thread about someone else, that we should never pay upfront. Any amount.

I of course thought it would not happen to me, but so so so many guys on here have said "No motivation to finish the knife you were already paid for." (in relation to the guys who take deposits or full payment up front and then don't deliver - of course I am sure there are guys who get paid up front and do deliver.)

It's funny that the customs I have that I had to wait on and actually received, I paid only after it was done. No upfront money, and I actually got the knife.

Glad you got your refund.

One winter a Farmer found a Snake stiff and frozen. He had compassion on it, and taking it up, placed it under his coat. The Snake was quickly revived by the warmth, and resuming its natural instincts, bit its benefactor. The Farmer exclaimed, "Why did you bite me??? I saved your life!!. The Snake replied, "You knew I was a Snake when you picked me up."

Further proof, like in my own thread about someone else, that we should never pay upfront. Any amount.

This. I've ordered custom knives both with deposits (including 100%), and without deposits. Of course, the ones without deposits were the ones delivered with the least hijinx and stress.

I brought up the original thread about him to someone else on ig and he said he's never ripped anyone off and he's not a monster etc.

Not enough for me to buy from him
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgl32CfBp4F/

He blames bf mods for not having a voice too.

Gamblers if you ask me.

I brought up the original thread about him to someone else on ig and he said he's never ripped anyone off and he's not a monster etc.

Not enough for me to buy from him
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgl32CfBp4F/

He blames bf mods for not having a voice too.

Gamblers if you ask me.

It’s those darn big meanie mods holding Moonie down!!
Puhleeeeeeze!!

OP......so glad you paid G&S!!

Reactions: Mo2

This continues to hold true, as the OP got his money back. All he had to do was ask. He did file a dispute before I had an opportunity to issue the refund, but he was refunded with no drama once he filed, and as he said, within 10 minutes. I was polite to him the entire time. I've always made customers whole if they request a refund on their purchase.

Also as the OP mentioned, there was some confusion on the exact finishes of his knife. We had exchanged emails at 4am about some additional changes to his order, which in all honesty, I had forgotten about. I built a knife out for him as it was ordered, at least to the best of my knowledge and ability, but had made the very human mistake of forgetting to take into account the additional requests made after the order was placed by my customer. There was nothing nefarious in this. Unfortunately because of the mistake, it was a non-trivial fix. The OP had asked for jeweled, gold anodized racing stripes on his frame, which necessitated the frames be stripped from their bead blasted state, jeweled, anodized, masked off and blasted again to create the effect. The locking side would need to be refinished to match, since this would result in a gold interior and edges, and that means the bearing detent would need to be removed, which is hard to do on a knife without a thru-hole for the detent. In all, the knife would essentially need to be rebuilt, hence the wait. An honest mistake turned into a very poor situation, one that I regret.

That said I'd like to apologize to Andrew for taking so long on his knife, I can certainly understand your frustration and understand why you did what you did. I understand the mistake I made, which I believe to be a human error, but a mistake nonetheless.

Here is a picture of the OP's knife, proof that I did in fact build the knife, along with a copy of the original order that really is the source of the confusion.

https://i.imgur.com/IyyNMim.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F31ZHA2.png

"He blames bf mods for not having a voice too."

This will likely be my only post because the mods on this forum will immediately ban me. This is the choice of the mods, not me. I would like nothing more than to be a constructive part of the community and this conversation. They have made it clear that I am not welcome here, despite the fact that it would be imminently productive for me to be part of any discussion that pertains to me. It is usually custom for anyone accused to be able to answer their accuser; this is a good principal. Also, it's generally a good principal to listen to both sides of a conversation before drawing conclusions, and you're not getting any of that because I'm not allowed to respond on this forum.

Last edited:
This continues to hold true, as the OP got his money back. All he had to do was ask. He did file a dispute before I had an opportunity to issue the refund, but he was refunded with no drama once he filed, and as he said, within 10 minutes. I was polite to him the entire time. I've always made customers whole if they request a refund on their purchase.

Also as the OP mentioned, there was some confusion on the exact finishes of his knife. We had exchanged emails at 4am about some additional changes to his order, which in all honesty, I had forgotten about. I built a knife out for him as it was ordered, at least to the best of my knowledge and ability, but had made the very human mistake of forgetting to take into account the additional requests made after the order was placed by my customer. There was nothing nefarious in this. Unfortunately because of the mistake, it was a non-trivial fix. The OP had asked for jeweled, gold anodized racing stripes on his frame, which necessitated the frames be stripped from their bead blasted state, jeweled, anodized, masked off and blasted again to create the effect. The locking side would need to be refinished to match, since this would result in a gold interior and edges, and that means the bearing detent would need to be removed, which is hard to do on a knife without a thru-hole for the detent. In all, the knife would essentially need to be rebuilt, hence the wait. An honest mistake turned into a very poor situation, one that I regret.

That said I'd like to apologize to Andrew for taking so long on his knife, I can certainly understand your frustration and understand why you did what you did. I understand the mistake I made, which I believe to be a human error, but a mistake nonetheless.

Here is a picture of the OP's knife, proof that I did in fact build the knife, along with a copy of the original order that really is the source of the confusion.

https://i.imgur.com/IyyNMim.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F31ZHA2.png

"He blames bf mods for not having a voice too."

This will likely be my only post because the mods on this forum will immediately ban me. This is the choice of the mods, not me. I would like nothing more than to be a constructive part of the community and this conversation. They have made it clear that I am not welcome here, despite the fact that it would be imminently productive for me to be part of any discussion that pertains to me. It is usually custom for anyone accused to be able to answer their accuser; this is a good principal. Also, it's generally a good principal to listen to both sides of a conversation before drawing conclusions, and you're not getting any of that because I'm not allowed to respond on this forum.
No. Only productive for you. We've read your walls of b.s. text filled with excuses before. Go away scammer. Some dumb kid on ig will buy your house crap. Here we know better.

No. Only productive for you. We've read your walls of b.s. text filled with excuses before. Go away scammer. Some dumb kid on ig will buy your house crap. Here we know better.

No one has been scammed. That is an outright lie and I deny it unequivocally. The OP was made whole, as he stated. I showed the knife I built for him and the order he placed, as well as explained the source of confusion and made a public apology to my customer. Your prejudice is unhelpful.

Says the soon to be banned scammer. Banned for what, the 5th time?

This doesn't refute what I said. No one has been scammed. Don't take my word for it if you don't want to, go read the OP. The customer was made whole.

This doesn't refute what I said. No one has been scammed. Don't take my word for it if you don't want to, go read the OP. The customer was made whole.
Not going back and forth with you, a confirmed scamming liar. You history, as shown in the threads here, speaks for its self. Your attempts to come back here are futile. Stop wasting your time. Better get working on a knife before you let another customer "slip through the cracks".

Then why do these negative threads keep occurring ?????

In this instance, because I made a genuine mistake, and now I have to own it. However, I believe I have corrected that mistake by giving my customer his money back. I posted the original order that the customer made and explained why the mistake was made. Additionally I showed that I did actually build the knife that I believed the customer requested.

At this point the customer has been made whole.

In this instance, because I made a genuine mistake, and now I have to own it. However, I believe I have corrected that mistake by giving my customer his money back.

Mistake is such a broad statement. Was the mistake you made, lack of communication, failure to complete an order, or not treating a customer with the utmost respect that is deserved ????

In this instance, because I made a genuine mistake, and now I have to own it. However, I believe I have corrected that mistake by giving my customer his money back. I posted the original order that the customer made and explained why the mistake was made. Additionally I showed that I did actually build the knife that I believed the customer requested.

At this point the customer has been made whole.
Did you ask for more money to fix your error? Were other customers getting knives while you screwed this order up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back