Antique New York Knife Company Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small 2 3/4" closed swayback jack marked NYKCo.Hammer Brand.
Charles
newyorkbonejack1.jpg

newyorkbonejack2.jpg

newyorkbonejack3.jpg

I agree, looks much larger in the photo, but is the same size as my NYK Hammer Pen knife, even has the same color of bone & same jig. Great find.

I can't believe no one has commented on that sweet bareheaded Jack until now!
What a beauty Rob! There is something about a simple yet minty knife that is irresistible.

I can't believe no one has commented on that sweet bareheaded Jack until now!
What a beauty Rob! There is something about a simple yet minty knife that is irresistible.

Agree Charlie, I somehow missed this new one here, Primble really knows how to take the best out of his gorgeous knives. This jack has Japanese aesthetic quality, simple, functional and yet very beautiful. Congrats
Mike

Thank you Charlie, Mike, and Gevo ! I reckon' others might have wanted to see a shield on it. :D:D

Lots of character in that old dog Gevo ! :thumbup::)

Here is a recent addition to the NYKCo. collection. A 3 3/8" closed jack knife maybe a salesman sample with nice blade etch.
Charles
newyorkteardropjack1.jpg

newyorkteardropjack2.jpg

newyorkteardropjack3.jpg

I'm speechless, mainly because my jaw is still on the floor. What a beauty!!

Eric

Primble:
Your jigged bone NYKCo knives are impressive and I'm pleased you started this thread. Here is one of my pearl lobsters (almost pink)
Charles
clNYKnifeCoLobsterPattern3280web.jpg

clNYKnifecoLobsterpattern3280-1web.jpg

As he tumbles down the deep hole, falling slowly for a long time, he plucks a few choice pieces from a few of the shelves:eek:

As he tumbles down the deep hole, falling slowly for a long time, he plucks a few choice pieces from a few of the shelves:eek:

:eek::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D

Primble:
Your jigged bone NYKCo knives are impressive and I'm pleased you started this thread. Here is one of my pearl lobsters (almost pink)

Thank you Charles. A fine lobster, with very nicely aged pearl !!! :thumbup::)

I posted this picture in the new acquisitions thread, but the bottom knife belongs here, too. Note how much more edge is packed into that frame, compared to the similar sized English pen knife above it.

3%20open_zpsalo9ojos.jpg

That is a nice pair indeed Possum !!!

This is a very lightly used model 1073 Pruning knife that is shown in my catalog and they called the wood Redwood. When I got it, it was highly polished (probably by hand with metal polish :eek:) and I spent a little time dulling the finish down. The tang stamps are very crisp and like new, New York Knife Co., Walden, NY stamped on the pile side tang. All steel constuction for the metals.

Last edited:
NYKC Barlow Model # 2504. This knife was once owned by Mark and he removed the broken pen blade and made it a single, otherwise original.:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back