Any news about Maher & Grosh?

Yup, those will do. :thumbsup:. Both are beauties!:cool:
I was hoping they would arrive two-tone like some of the ones posted here, but... as my grandmother used to say, "You get what you get, and don't pitch a fit!" 😂

SteveC SteveC has the coolest one I've seen, but I could be the minority. I usually am. 😄

Edit: Just realized that only the SATIN ones were possibly two-tone-ish.

Last edited:
Unfortunately opening my M&G box was a disappointing experience. The color of the bone is nothing like the examples on their website. (This photo actually makes it look better than it does in person. The color is very blah.)

SjZZkuL.jpg

I could probably get over that, but then I saw the poor sharpening job. The tip is rounded off, the edge bevel on the front side doesn’t even go all the way to tip of the blade, and the bevel on the back side is uneven and gets wider at the tip.

SrHygpn.jpg

lwQKpDw.jpg

1dt4c7r.jpg

Here it is compared to the Tidioute version of the same knife.

yODzWnw.jpg
One of the pitfalls of a human sharpening an edge versus a dedicated fixture guided by linear ways and driven/piloted by a CNC control.....

I want to thank Ken Mundhenk and Roger Cunningham for keeping the Maher and Grosh name alive.... Without their interest in the knife hobby, the Maher and Grosh name would be a relic in the history books of Toledo, Ohio..... We have others, including Charlie Campagna and Lyle Fry, who are like minded and also create historic reproductions for the hobby....

Since all four of these men are >70 I hope some young blood steps up and continues the work that these gentlemen undertake.... It certainly adds depth and enjoyment to the hobby....

Back