Any Opinel love? (Updated pics)

Still loving in 2017

Me too ;)

IMG_20161231_101450.jpg

Reactions: vba
Opie Seven and I had a pretty big New Years Eve. It was the end of a one month, one knife challenge on a Bushey site.

We scouted,

We found a spot,

We tied one on,

We improvised,

We jumped some rope,

We made good things better,

We even found a hooker,

Then we settled in,

We stacked some wood,

We built a little fire,

We had a couple of beverages,

And basically just had ourselves a Rockin' good time.

Dick Clark has nothing on Opie Seven!

Last edited:
Dang LV! My No9 is giving me that "why don't you ever take me places like that" look.:grumpy:

Nice fire platform. Is that a BCUSA 10'x10' tarp?

Opie Seven and I had a pretty big New Years Eve. It was the end of a one month, one knife challenge on a Bushey site.

We scouted,

We found a spot,

We tied one on,

We improvised,

We jumped some rope,

We even found a hooker,

Then we settled in,

We stacked some wood,

We built a little fire,

Truly outstanding :thumbup: Thanks for your take on the Opinel #7-#9 from my question a few weeks back.

I own several Opinels and I just ordered a #7 and a # 8, Carbon steel of course.
The knives are easy to sharpen and they cut well.
The first thing I do to a new knife is treat the blade with yellow mustard to darken the blade.

We scouted,...
We found a spot,...
We tied one on,...
We improvised,...
We jumped some rope,...
We made good things better,...
We even found a hooker, ...
Then we settled in,...
We stacked some wood,...
We built a little fire, ...
We had a couple of beverages,...
And basically just had ourselves a Rockin' good time. ...
Dick Clark has nothing on Opie Seven!...
Very cool, LostViking! You and your Opinel rang in the New Year right! :thumbup::D
(You don't need no stinking puukko! ;))

- GT

My first opi mod: I was inspired by the Coghlan but feared to go so far. I just whittled off the flare toward the butt. No 6, my first stainless and my first that locks closed.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I will say it again - Opinel is the best damn knife for the money, especially one with Carbon Steel blade.

Reactions: vba

We scouted,

We found a spot,

We tied one on,

We improvised,

We jumped some rope,

We even found a hooker,

Then we settled in,

We stacked some wood,

We built a little fire,

Great sequence LostViking! It's no wonder Opinel has been around so long and still going strong! Of course, being 1/4 French, I am just a little biased.

I love em, buy them all the time, give them away, use the heck out of them.

^^ Cool patina, AZ!!! :thumbup:
(And in a weird coincidence, after church today, my wife told me she had the theme song from Green Acres stuck in her head, and we started talking about the show and its characters and I even googled it. She couldn't believe it when I said, "Hey! Here's a guy at BF I've never noticed before whose username is arnold ziffle!! :D)

- GT

I'm working on a nr 12. Size matters! Hopefully I have it oiled and waxed this evening, I have modified the handle. Took some wood of the sides and made also other modifications to the grip, rounded the butt end, schorched the surface, sanded it clean of soot and put a oil-wax mixture on. Still need to maybe put another coat and let dry, then polish.

Back