Any survival courses in or near CT?

These posts are inspiring, right now i am in Wyoming, i just got in from the field, being out for three months. I live in CT (central between Hartford and New Haven). This New England meeting must be ment to be because this is the first thing i have looked at on a screen in 4 months. I would love a get together and I plan on doing some winter camping/ tracking soon as i get home. Tracking and survival (while i am still a novice) are my passion. i will be home in two days and would be super excited to get a northeast club going. I too am a knife fanatic and my brother does a little bladesmithing. Before i left i wa throwing tomahawks from about 45 feet. I met a lady who gave me some contact info on a guy in Essex who knows tracks and was one of Tom Browns students who runs a nature preserve and who is apparantly awaiting my contact. I realy hope this gets off the ground because im dreading my return to the front country and the fact that there are like minded people in our little state is, again, inspiring.

Folks,

Sorry, this turned into a very hectic time of year...

Let's reopen this discussion. I'm thinking end of February for the gathering, place to be determined (Kevin, I'll call you today). Any particular weekend best?

~Brian.

Pict, the central Brazil get together sounds real nice. I´m here in Brasilia. I really enjoyed reading your earlier account of camping and skill working. Are you in Belo Horizonte? I´ll probably be in Itauna (90 kil from BH) in Jan. visiting the girlfriend´s parents. Let me know if you will be doing anything, here´s my e-mail timothyp@bol.com.br thanks, Tim

Brian,

Any weekend is fine with me.

Kev

im in the n.w corner of ct and would be interested in a learning get together. i have access to some private property we could use.kv

dibbler said:
Can anybody find a list of local survival courses? I live in florida
Not positive, but I think Tom Brown teaches a course down there. Try trackerschool.com

Edit: I thought he did teach a course in Florida, just checked and it's either NJ or Cali. Sorry bout that.

dibbler said:
:eek: holy crap that looks cool thanks:thumbup:
No problem man :)

If you take a course give us a description of the skills you learn and what it was like and what not and help keep this forum a great place :thumbup:

Guys, apologies for not following up on this. We will have to dealy to spring. I've been dealing with effects of Traumatic Brain Injury from a few too many blows (two car accidents), and my energy is slow, I get massive post-concussive migraines, vertigo, and short-term memory issues.* Docs are trying work out a course of effective treatment, and I have been improving. Just don't feel ready to adequately plan this thing, etc. Have some scarring on the left-frontal lobe I guess.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be in a better position/condition to start putting something together.

*my friends have been calling me "Rerun" becauce they have to "tell me twice".

Thanks guys. Some days I feel fine. Others I'm down much harder. It's a rollercoaster ride. I feel like Tom Hanks when he hosted SNL and did the skit, "Mr. Short Term Memory."

I will not be able to attend any time soon due to major surgery from a disabilty occured in the Marines.

Which those luck and fun when the event does happen.

S/F,
CEYA!

Back